Shearwater - The Golden Archipelago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Figured I'd put them here since others might not see it in the 2012 albums thread:

Shearwater-Animal-Joy.jpg

Download the lead single here (it's freaking awesome):

Shearwater

Anyone else like the song?

They were saying this album wouldn't be like the last 3, and the song definitely proves it. Cool stuff.

I like that opening chord progression. It sounds as though it is going to be entirely generic, but then it moves all over the place. Nice job of playing against expectations.

Just got around to the single at long last. That shit is hot. What say you, Sub Pop?

Worth noting: if you pick up the Animal Joy LP from us, or at your favorite independent record store, you'll get the LOSER Edition, a colored vinyl version of the record, in this case, a blood red and black swirl. Just look for the official LOSER seal on the cover!

Given exorbitant S&H and the fact that my last Sub Pop preorder didn't arrive until well after the LP's release date, I'll try and snag one of these bad boys at Waterloo or End of an Ear.

Just finally got around to listening to this new one now, it's really nice. Really excited about this album, they seem to get better and better with each release.

At this point I'll just wait to hear it in full. But that doesn't mean I'm any less excited, just not terribly attentive.

I saw that was being offered. Sorta surprising a band would want peoples' first impression of an album to be based on demos.

I saw that was being offered. Sorta surprising a band would want peoples' first impression of an album to be based on demos.

Two of the five are the tracks we've already heard, but I had the same thought.

Danny, you'll be waiting for that album until February 23.

I know, but BLOOD RED vinyl. And STICKERS. :hyper:
I'm sure I can stream it from Bandcamp or something while I'm waiting.

If none of my local stores have the loser edition in, their carpets will be blood red.

Heyo, going to an in-store March 11 which apparently runs 5-8 PM. Why are they playing that long, you ask? Beats me.

Now which album to get signed...

Take in an old Okkervil River album to be signed just to see what Meiburg says.

i'll give this a try even though i've never been a fan of the vocalist. he's always sounded really creepy (not in a good way) to me.

Back
Top Bottom