Shearwater - The Golden Archipelago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm over any trepidation caused by the more prominent electronic sounds. Really good album. :up:

Dammit. As much grief as I've given Shearwater for the vocals, I like the new album.

Dammit. I hate you guys.

The vocals are one of my favorite things about this band :(

Yeah, I don't know. I'm sure it's just a matter of taste and nothing more, but there have been a few occasions where I've tried to listen to this band and had to shut it off because of the guy's singing.

I actually get that too, he's one of the only singers I actively dislike. Still love the songs "Black Eyes" and "Dread Sovereign" regardless.

It took me forever to get into The National because I didn't like Matt's voice at all. I get it, that's kind of a big thing for enjoying music. If you don't like the vocals, what can you do?

Bands I don't like for this reason: Matt & Kim, that one hard'ish band with the guy that oversings like crazy.

Backchannels, Pale Kings, and Quiet Americans from the newest album are so freaking good. Still extremely high on my favorite albums of the year list.

I haven't heard it in months. My 2016 listening has been sporadic at best. I still have it listed as my favorite of the year, but I have no idea what I'm even comparing it to at this point. Still, I remember loving it. I'll give it another spin this evening.

This was posted on Facebook yesterday:

Just turned in a mysterious new full-length album I'm not allowed to say much about (yet). Also mastered the SW 2016 live album, which sounds crazy good. More info on both soon. (JM)

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but I HIGHLY recommend the Jonathan Meiburg side project, Loma. It's my most listened to album of the year, and the last track, 'Black Willow', is probably my favorite song of the year. Shearwater fans, check it out. Non-Shearwater fans, Meiburg doesn't sing, so you should check it out too. Great music to listen to at dusk, night, or before the sun has come up.

loma-2017-promo-04-bryancparker-2250x1500-300.jpg

Loma by Loma Reviews and Tracks - Metacritic

Thanks for the recommendation. Just gave it a listen and I like what I hear. Very soothing and understated. Will listen to it again.

Have never been into this band, but I clicked on that post, expecting it to be very woe-is-us, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and actually read through until the end. Had no idea they'd done Berlin Trilogy shows, that's so cool, I would have loved to have seen them. I'd actually consider buying them, if they were available outside of this. Some of those perks on offer are really, really cool. Bravo, Shearwater!

Back
Top Bottom