Share your original music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Dizzy was my favorite, too...I'll try to get to listen to the rest at some point, after college packing n stuff...

Yay glad to see positive reception on "Dizzy". Oh college packing... when do you begin college? I may or may not be up north, if it is later on.

Btw the most U2-ish tracks are "Use Me", "A New Lie" and "Discovery" (title track sounds like a crap version of ABOY :lol:). "Something Beautiful" kinda sounds U2-ish I guess.

I begin college the 20-somethingth. 25th or 28th or something. Of August. Why, planning on dropping in? ;)

Thought I'd toss this in here as well. I made it with 1 minute clips of a chosen section of each song and figured it was pretty convenient, that way you can get a feel for each song. It's all packed in one video so you can just click and listen. And that's about it! Time to move on and get to writing my next project.

'Discovery' album preview - YouTube

Hey All, I am posting some demo songs on YouTube for the first time and am looking for some feedback. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings if you don't like them. Haha. Just want some honest feedback.

Here is one acoustic track titled "You're Better Than You Think You Are"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lde2HfMkInI

If you check out my other videos on YouTube you will also find an acoustic cover of "The Sweetest Thing" with my friend singing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Looking to promote free Piano music can be used video production

Hi all! I've been looking for places to post my link so folks will
find my free music. If this isn't an appropriate forum for that let
me know. You can find my music here
Taylor Hayward Piano Music - Contact . I made it royalty free and
it's currently being used in about three-hundred videos on the web.
Enjoy!

Taylor Hayward

Is the file an mp3 or something similar? If so, just head to mediafire.com and it'll give you the option to upload a file without an account. Use that; it'll take a couple of seconds to upload and you're set.

I think I speak for us all when I say that I'm curious to hear what you've cooked up, Annie.

Cactus Annie said:
You're gonna be disappointed if you're expecting perfection. I just fancied trying out garageband.

Thank you LemonMelon. This is the link that I've just copied from mediafire. I hope this works.

Spirit.m4a

That's predictably weird, but exotic and interesting. I like it. :up: Wish it didn't cut off like that though.

After having seen Interpol open up for U2 this summer and having purchased a few of their albums, they've somewhat influenced my songwriting. I was only just jamming around one day when I came up with the opening guitar riff that you hear in this song and then I decided I could really get something out of it. So I played around with a few riffs and chords and within around 3 hours had what is now this demo. Hugely influence by Interpol, I give you "A Missed Opportunity" (Demo Version). Still gotta work out some kinks and do a better Paul Banks impersonation. I like how this seems to be a fuck off live rocker type song. I need a band. Anyway enough chatter, let me know what you think.

A Missed Opportunity (Demo) - Listen on SoundCloud

Btw the vocals are mixed a little low for various reasons (clipping, too loud at parts, etc...). I have lyrics in the link posted under the waveform if you need them.

Been trying out random things on the piano and came up with this piece of music. I composed it within around 2 hours. By far my most professional recording. Feels like it belongs in a film, like at the end credits or something. First thing I thought of when writing this was a wedding (for whatever reason :shrug:). Personally, I think it's beautiful. Lemme know your thoughts.

Welcome To Your New Life (Wedding Song) by Vincent Magnarella on SoundCloud

This song is only a week old but here is an early acoustic demo of it. I only just recently thought about what I wanted to write about, so some of the lyrics may seem a little cheesy but bare in mind that this is really a rough sketch, lyrically anyway. One of my most solid vocal performances yet. I think a full band version would really break things open. Let me know!

"Let Go"

Let Go (Acoustic Demo)

I made a post a few months back about an album I'm working on, and I have finished it. Kinda sucks that the rules have been changed over the past year or so and we're all cooped up in this thread where no can see it, but here's the entire record:

Disinfectant Trifecta - Cherry Blossom Av.rar - DivShare

Hey, tell me what you think of it. Or don't. I would prefer if you did; it took me 2 1/2 years to record this. :wink:

This post is old as hell, but...yeah. I just realized this existed. Your best album yet, for real. Had a few minor issues of not being able to hear you over your distortion pedal in a couple of places, but other than that, it's really, really good. Favourite track is a toss-up between the title track and Questionnaire.

This post is old as hell, but...yeah. I just realized this existed. Your best album yet, for real. Had a few minor issues of not being able to hear you over your distortion pedal in a couple of places, but other than that, it's really, really good. Favourite track is a toss-up between the title track and Questionnaire.

Awesome, awesome. Yeah, I'm awful at recording vocals. I have a new, much higher quality mic now, but it doesn't help all that much.

I feel like the title track is one of the only tracks people hadn't singled out, so I'm glad you like that one. Lyrically, it's one of my favorites, and the mix turned out really nicely. Questionnaire has risen in my estimation over time, it's really well constructed.

The new album, Ramblewood, is pretty dope so far. A lot heavier and more aggressive, with psychedelic elements and strange lyrics that deviate pretty strongly from what I've done before. I have half of the tracks finished, pretty much all of the longer/more complex ones, so I'm feeling good about finishing it by the end of the month (compared to, uh, 2 1/2 years for Cherry Blossom Avenue). Here's the cover:

1h9xsx.jpg

Maybe I'll upload a track from it later. I'm doing some mixing/mastering today.

Sweet. I'm anxiously awaiting the preview. Still trying to decide what song of yours to include in my Punk Desert Island list.

OK, as promised, here's a preview of Ramblewood, release date TBA but likely within the next month. This track, In The Air, is the opener and extremely indicative of the album's sound, fusing together creepy folk ramblings, Syd Barrett-era Floyd guitar lines and clattering percussion into a weird space-rock epic that nearly cracks 7 minutes:

In The Air_mp3 - DivShare

Back
Top Bottom