Share your original music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wrote this today and finished recording it. EVerything was written just moments before recording each part. I wrote every piece of music and played all the instruments and did the singing. It's been a tough day in our "music room" so I think I got out of this track what I wanted, with some imperfections at the end with the ride on the drum aside. It's called "Up Against the Wall". And as I do for some of my friends, if you want it for listening on your iPod or other MP3 player just let me know and I'll either email you the file or send you a link to SoundClick or SoundCloud and you can download it there. Thank you for listening.:D

YouTube - Vincent Magnarella - "Up Against the Wall"

Lyrics for you:

It was a hot and rainy day
When they came and took me away
They took me to a cold and darkened place
Then they threw me up against the wall
And they walked away
Then I tried to crawl but they told me to stay
All I could see was buildings lit up by the moonlight

And so I'll try to fend them off
We will collide
And shoot off rays of light
And we will begin a new life
One that cannot be denied
We will not be denied!

And they threw me up against the wall
And then they walked away
Yeah they threw me up against the wall

I think your material is starting to grow, especially with the vocals.

May I suggest a change in the piano though? You've got the same thing looping. Every third or fourth (insert technical musical term here) you should have it like...

AABA
AABA
CCDC
AABA

or something to the sort.

But very, very good job!

I think your material is starting to grow, especially with the vocals.

May I suggest a change in the piano though? You've got the same thing looping. Every third or fourth (insert technical musical term here) you should have it like...

AABA
AABA
CCDC
AABA

or something to the sort.

But very, very good job!

Thanks! And I think I see what you mean and I agree that the piano playing the ostinato (musical term for a repeated phrase) does get a little boring. I'll work on that a little more as that was actually one of the last parts of the song I recorded. Usually if I just sit back on a track for a couple of days I end up finding something that works better. I'm not much of a pianist btw. In fact I got frustrated and gave up lessons and everything I've learned since then I've taught to myself.

Another original that I re-recorded this week, after I got inspired to do so after I performed an acoustic version of this live a few days ago. This is an old song from about 2 years ago when I wrote it and yes it is the same title as the as of yet unreleased U2 song.:wink: Just came out of a bit of improv. And in case you're wondering how I got the song title I was browsing through YouTube videos one night and I looked into the tags and saw "Every breaking wave". I thought "that sounds like an interesting lyric and better song title!". I had no idea it was a U2 song. I put the first recording of it on YouTube on my other account in May 2009 and after U2's EBW fiasco that video got several hits and in less than a year got 11,0000+ hits. Just a bit of neat info on this song.:D

YouTube - Vincent Magnarella - "Every Breaking Wave (New Session Version)"

Finished "One More Chance" off today on my day off from school.

YouTube - Vincent Magnarella - "One More Chance (New Session Version)"

I may need to do a new mix of this song and there was supposed to be a lead guitar part on the outro at the end of the song, but I forgot about that part. But overall this is much better than the original version I recorded last year. It's just a straight forward rock song. Our band really does this much tighter and better live. I played everything here and as you can tell I'm not the world's greatest drummer by any means.

Lyrics:

15 miles to empty
You're leaving now
You're headed for your destination
And I'm getting up
Just to find you

But you have to stop
And turn around
You have to stop
Look who's after you now
I'm asking for a second chance
So give me one more chance

This is the day
That your life will change
I need a moment
I could re-arrange
I need you by my side

But you have to stop
And turn around
You have to stop
Look who's after you now

But you have to stop
And turn around
You have to stop
Look who's after you now

Give me one more chance

I've decided to share this one finally even though it's no where near finished. It would fit well in an unplugged set or at a coffee house thing. It's about suicide. It's written from the perspective of a person who's friend is about to commit suicide and he wants to save his friend. Kind of a sad song. I used a weird open tuning on the guitar that I can't remember all that well. The piano was done quickly and most of the song was actually, hence why I feel like parts of it are a mess. It carries on a lot of the same thing over which may get monotonous. The vocals are a bit weak but this was done back in January and since then I've really improved my vocals. B-Side worthy at best.

Brother (Acoustic) by Vincent Magnarella on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Lyrics:

Brother
Brother
Brother
Brother
Standing at the cliff
I see you're thinking about it
Everything has gone out wrong
But this isn't the way out
I know that you have been tangled up for so long
No I don't want for you to feel this way
Mmm oh oh

So what's all the crying for?
So what's all this crying for?
So wipe the tears from your eyes
You didn't have to leave this all behind

Brother
Brother
Standing at the edge
I see you thinking about it
You don't have to jump
I'll pull you away
Life is good enough
You need to see another day

So wipe the tears from your eyes
You didn't have to leave this all behind

Brother
Brother
Brother
Brother
Standing at the cliff
I see you thinking about it
Everything has turned out wrong
But this isn't the way out

A freind of mine...........

One of my freinds likes to do a lot of home recording, and make albums of his own stuff.....so i sed id spread the word for him. I think his material might appeal to a few on here, so feel free to go check him out. If i was forced to try and describe his sound, well...id say 60s psychadelic trippy, almost ambient quality to it. Please go have a listen. Hed be thrilled if some people liked it :)

Boy Meets Sound - ♫ Band Profile | Facebook

I made a post a few months back about an album I'm working on, and I have finished it. Kinda sucks that the rules have been changed over the past year or so and we're all cooped up in this thread where no can see it, but here's the entire record:

Disinfectant Trifecta - Cherry Blossom Av.rar - DivShare

Hey, tell me what you think of it. Or don't. I would prefer if you did; it took me 2 1/2 years to record this. :wink:

Checking out your album now LemonMelon. :wave:

Umm if anyone wants to check out a song off my upcoming album that I've been hard at work with since January, then you can listen to "Blur" for one week and then it'll be taken down.

Vincent Magnarella - "Blur" by Vincent Magnarella on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I think the song is alright but not near the best on the album. I'm saving that for once it's released.:wink: Album will be out next month, hopefully, if there is any interest.

I made a post a few months back about an album I'm working on, and I have finished it. Kinda sucks that the rules have been changed over the past year or so and we're all cooped up in this thread where no can see it, but here's the entire record:

Disinfectant Trifecta - Cherry Blossom Av.rar - DivShare

Hey, tell me what you think of it. Or don't. I would prefer if you did; it took me 2 1/2 years to record this. :wink:

I've only gotten as far as track 3 thus far but I am really liking the vibe of your material. Really got into Questionnaire. Nice and rhythmic and good lead work too. I can't quite put my finger on what it sounds like.:hmm: Listening continues...

Thanks so much for listening, I always appreciate any words of praise or criticism. There's a change in mood after those first three tracks, leaning towards the darker and less grandiose as you go, so I hope you kept on digging it.

As for Blur, I really liked the track. Reminded me of Mark Kozelek's work with Sun Kil Moon and Red House Painters:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=ZZuVcgiIJhk

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=o81keEwGQxc

It's a very pretty song, just tighten up the guitar solo and maybe increase the volume in the chorus for better dynamics, and you're golden. The outro is really strong...I love that closing line. :up:

Thanks so much for listening, I always appreciate any words of praise or criticism. There's a change in mood after those first three tracks, leaning towards the darker and less grandiose as you go, so I hope you kept on digging it.

As for Blur, I really liked the track. Reminded me of Mark Kozelek's work with Sun Kil Moon and Red House Painters:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

It's a very pretty song, just tighten up the guitar solo and maybe increase the volume in the chorus for better dynamics, and you're golden. The outro is really strong...I love that closing line. :up:

I did keep listening up until track 9, then I went to bed as it was getting late. I have continued listening today and I really like a great majority of it. I'll have to give it another listen as I can't really remember all my favorites at the moment. I definitely liked "Questionnaire", "Silent At the Start", "Grass", "4:15 AM, Lying Beside Her" (I really loved that one and I'm big on acoustic songs also, so that could be why and is probably why I like a lot of your material), "Reason", "White Elephant", "Just As Well", "Only One Night", "Honeysuckle Wine", and "Harvest Moon". All great!

I loved that ending on "Just As Well" also, nice job! "Only One Night" had a gorgeous intro and was very awesome, great chord changes. That was probably my favorite and it kind of reminded me of Death Cab for Cutie. Great work! I'm always glad to add some good music to my iPod and this is a fine addition. :up:

Glad someone liked "Blur", I was nervous about a few bits. And I do think that boosting the volume on the chorus would be good, I just don't know how to do that. I was thinking of software. I have Audacity and put all my tracks through there but I only know how to boost the volume on the whole track and not just an individual section.

theedgeu2 said:
I did keep listening up until track 9, then I went to bed as it was getting late. I have continued listening today and I really like a great majority of it. I'll have to give it another listen as I can't really remember all my favorites at the moment. I definitely liked "Questionnaire", "Silent At the Start", "Grass", "4:15 AM, Lying Beside Her" (I really loved that one and I'm big on acoustic songs also, so that could be why and is probably why I like a lot of your material), "Reason", "White Elephant", "Just As Well", "Only One Night", "Honeysuckle Wine", and "Harvest Moon". All great!

I loved that ending on "Just As Well" also, nice job! "Only One Night" had a gorgeous intro and was very awesome, great chord changes. That was probably my favorite and it kind of reminded me of Death Cab for Cutie. Great work! I'm always glad to add some good music to my iPod and this is a fine addition. :up:

Glad someone liked "Blur", I was nervous about a few bits. And I do think that boosting the volume on the chorus would be good, I just don't know how to do that. I was thinking of software. I have Audacity and put all my tracks through there but I only know how to boost the volume on the whole track and not just an individual section.

Well, thank you! I know what my influences were for this album, but when you work on it for as long as I did, it becomes something totally different by the end. I'm going for a more psychedelic rock/krautrock thing with the next record, very 70s and very dreamy, so Grass is probably the best example of where I'm going next.

You should just be able to highlight the section by dragging over it and boosting the volume from there, but I would need to see the waveform. I can never get anything worthwhile out of Audacity because I either don't have the right cables or simply do not know how to direct inject audio; I have to mic everything. :scratch: I have a 16 track recorder anyway, but I like to use Audacity for the demos. I may actually start using tape effects for the next record, so I've got to borrow one of my dad's TASCAMs.

After seeing this I was reminded that "Up Against the Wall" is available on iTunes, if anyone really liked the song. I can't post the link but if you search Vincent Magnarella Up Against the Wall it should come up.

Well, thank you! I know what my influences were for this album, but when you work on it for as long as I did, it becomes something totally different by the end. I'm going for a more psychedelic rock/krautrock thing with the next record, very 70s and very dreamy, so Grass is probably the best example of where I'm going next.

You should just be able to highlight the section by dragging over it and boosting the volume from there, but I would need to see the waveform. I can never get anything worthwhile out of Audacity because I either don't have the right cables or simply do not know how to direct inject audio; I have to mic everything. :scratch: I have a 16 track recorder anyway, but I like to use Audacity for the demos. I may actually start using tape effects for the next record, so I've got to borrow one of my dad's TASCAMs.

I really liked Grass so I'm guessing I'll like what you have up next. I'm a big fan of dreamy/atmospheric music so that sounds interesting. I can't wait for it!

I actually figured out how to do the volume boost in Audacity, although Audacity can get really complicated sometimes. I just played it in my car and the overdriven guitar in the chorus is just too ahead of the mix and there's a little too much increase in volume. Gotta do a new mix. And I checked out Mark Kozelek's work with Sun Kil Moon and I like that stuff too. I can hear some similarities.

Just sharing an unused track titles "Spies" from my recent sessions for my new album 'Discovery', which should be up on iTunes any day now. I wrote and then recorded this ambient song but it wasn't perfectly recorded, what with a couple mistakes, and it didn't fit the vibe of the rest of my album. So I cut it anyway and placed it in my iTunes. I thought I'd share it and maybe get some interpretations on lyrics? Lyrics were done on the spot with no already written lyrics. It was literally all done on the mic. There's two ambient, shimmering guitars, kinda like the effect Edge uses on some U2 songs (Running to Stand Still from ZooTV, intro to COBL from Vertigo Chicago, etc). If you've any opinions it would be great to hear them. :D

Here's the link on SoundCloud: Spies by Vincent Magnarella on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

And the lyrics:

"Spies"

Mmm mmm
Oh oh
Fate is written on a blackboard
In a school room
There it lies
Inside the walls lie the spies
Continually they will not hear your cries for escape
For escape

Follow them out into the dark
Yeah, you follow them to the river
And you pause as you wait
Drink the water
Drink the water
They're waiting for you
And the moonlight casts it's light on us
I can shine so bright
For you
But you don't even notice
Do you?

You show me no appreciation
Sometimes my eyes glow fiery, fiery red
Then they'll see me
They'll have my head
Ooh
You'll try to run
You will try to run
Try to run
I was the on holding the gun
Firing away

I hide away
Keep the secrets away from you
I hide away
I'm watching you
Every move
Oh but you make me feel clean
You make me feel good again
You make me feel useful
We're waiting for everything to return to normal
Cover my eyes
Cover my eyes
I don't want to see
I don't want to see
I don't want you to see
Misery
Ooh
No the spies
They do not realize

New demo..be so kind to listen :)

Goodafternoon y'all!!

A couple of years ago I posetd a couple of demo's on interference from my band. Times have changed and I am working on a soloproject called M.E.G. (Mato el Gato)
I worked on a new song yesterday called sexy driver which is quit different from what I normally make. It is a homerecording but it the sound is pretty good..please let me know what you think. hope you like it, I do :)

thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjR2GlvBBwA&feature=feedwll&list=WL

I hope this gets moved to OOC so I can share the original food I just ate and spot on my ass I just scratched.

My new album 'Discovery' by me Vincent Magnarella just went live today on iTunes and I've so badly wanted to get some feedback on this one song called "Dizzy". If you checked out my song "Blur", which comes off this album, it has a similar sort of feel but a bit more lively. I've uploaded it to SoundCloud so you can listen to the whole song and if you like it a lot you can purchase on iTunes.

Here's the song on SC:

Dizzy by Vincent Magnarella on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Thanks! :wave:

My new album, 'Discovery', is out!

Hello, now before you click out of this thread I wanted to share with you my new album. There is a link below for free listening to one of my best songs on SoundCloud. I figure someone might be interested and might possibly like some of what they hear. It's worth a shot.

I've been worked up for my new album ever since I mixed and finished off the first track for it. I failed miserably with my first album, which I never want to talk about ever and I've been looking to bounce back with something pretty good. Nobody probably gives a rats ass but I figured I'd share about it and maybe somebody may like what they hear. It took 6 months of work to complete (not including song writing). Loads of material was influenced by bands such as U2, Keane, Kings of Leon, Radiohead, Doves etc. You get the feel. I tried to make the material stand out from those bands. So enough blabbering about it. I'll post a link to my favorite track, and one I think lots of people would love, called "Dizzy" for free listening.

Dizzy on SoundCloud: Dizzy by Vincent Magnarella on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

'Discovery' on iTunes if you're interested: Discovery by Vincent Magnarella - Download Discovery on iTunes

My fan page on Facebook: Vincent Magnarella (Music) | Facebook

To those of you who gave it a shot and previewed, a big thank you to you. I am sorry if I annoy anyone. I am too happy that I must share it. Good day. :wave:

I think Dizzy was my favorite, too...I'll try to get to listen to the rest at some point, after college packing n stuff...

Back
Top Bottom