Share your original music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha I know you said don't worry... but... you're lip syncing! Haha... really good job with the music though.

:lol: I had to lip sync! I'd already recorded the vocal. Is it bad? I'm wondering if I have too much reverb on the guitar and vocal tracks on Abandoned? I already got a thumbs down on YT.:lol: This actually my best sounding recording, especially regarding the mixing of the song, to date. Drums sit perfectly in the mix and everything sounds great to me and I am really proud of myself for once!

:lol: I had to lip sync! I'd already recorded the vocal. Is it bad? I'm wondering if I have too much reverb on the guitar and vocal tracks on Abandoned? I already got a thumbs down on YT.:lol: This actually my best sounding recording, especially regarding the mixing of the song, to date. Drums sit perfectly in the mix and everything sounds great to me and I am really proud of myself for once!

The vocals sound good, I dunno what you're asking is bad. Nothing is bad.

But it's obvious you're lip syncing, if you were trying to hide the fact. I dunno if you actually sang it or what, but a good tip for lip syncing is to actually sing the song while lip syncing. I mean... you could've been doing that. It just looks like you're not.

You should be proud, jealous of the talent haha.

I was actually singing along to the song.:reject: I didn't really care how good/bad the lip syncing was as long as it keeps people interested. As for what I thought was bad is I was asking about the overall sound of the guitar and vocals. Maybe the drums as well as I am absolutely not a drummer. I have taught myself how to keep a decent rhythm in the past couple years. I did all the parts and I love the bass line. It feels weird for me to talk about my own material as I haven't really in the past and usually try to stay off the subject with friends.

Well that's a damper. That's how I feel about music in general with my friends (although I'm not talented enough to make my own, so dont ever feel bad lol what you've done is pretty good).

If you wanna talk about your own music, feel free to throw a bit at me. My ears are open, and I generally like to think I have an awesome taste in music :lol:

This probably gonna be my last original for a while, maybe. It's called "Wire" and I also re-recorded this one and the quality is, once again, surprisingly great. I love when I can turn out a clear tune. The lyrics are in the video but I'll post them here. Also if you think it's maybe "bland" at first just check out the whole thing and the outro part is beautiful.

YouTube - Wire (New Session Version) [Lyrics]

Lyrics:

Early in the morning
The long night has passed
And your suffering is gone at last
You complain of the pain
But you'll soon find that the worst pain
Is nothing at all
You lose yourself in the haze
You lose yourself in this place
You know the drug you have to face

Caught by the wire
You're so deep in the fire
Some things you don't regret
And some things you don't forget
The pain that you feel inside
And yet you wonder why

Your days soon will pass
And you'll be free at last
With no one to push you away
Your world it has left you
It's crumbled underneath you
Nothing you can do

Caught by the wire
You're so deep in the fire
Some things you don't regret
And some things you don't forget
The pain that you feel inside
And yet you wonder why

Again good work. But I must ask, what are you shooting for? Do you just do this for fun, or do you want something more out of it?

I know you said you welcome constructive criticism, but I'd rather not be the nitpicky asshole on a web forum pointing out everything I see if you're just doing this for fun (because in the end, it's still very good, and far more than I could ever do).

Not sure what I'm shooting for exactly. Part of it is for fun but not all of it is. I'm pretty much looking for general thoughts/opinions on various things such as music, lyrics, performance, sound, etc. That and I like sharing my music but like I said earlier I feel weird discussing my work, don't know if that makes sense. These songs were just some things I finished up recently and I'm really working hard on my second album after I didn't get the product I wanted with my first one. So just anything that you may feel needs tweaking on for improvement.

Okay well, I'll give you some of my observations on your vocals/lyrics.

First off, it seems like you're going too far to make your lyrics rhyme. I really don't think that's too important. Also, the way you should try and make the vocals and instrumentals pair together a bit more. Write the lyrics to fit the instrumentals, after they're completely done. You're annunciating some words oddly. You wouldn't happen to have an accent, would you?

Also, the drums have been drowned out!

Good pointers. I really have a thing for getting the lyrics to rhyme and sometimes they come off as cheesy, bad, don't make sense, or whatever. I feel like this song has a dark sort of mood to it. I wanted it to be about a drug addict or any addict really and what is happening around them and the effects it's had on their life and the end was this sort of "bloom" where their life maybe turns around.

I think the deal with how my voice turned out on the recording was the fact that I had gotten over a cold and I still felt stopped up, which is not a wise choice if you want to put forward the best product you can. I agree that the drums are also a bit quiet. I have that fear of mixing the drums too loud and tend to place them quieter. Your tips really might help as I'll try to fix some things tonight and see what I can do.

Here is a little slide show i put together a while back to go with one of my original songs i wrote and recorded. The slide show is mostly random. The first few pics are of my guitar equipment and myself then the other pics are mostly random however, the slide show turned into one about the world coming to an end and all the natural disasters that have occurred and the tragedies that await us (all life on earth). Hope you like it!!

YouTube - "Who I Am" original song

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eFQv6BVMJ8k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hidy, here's my MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/michaelkbain

If you like melancholy piano instrumentals, check out Sorrow's Tide

For mid-tempo orchestrated pop instrumentals, check out Amarmente and Siochain Le Dia

New Wavers, give My Poor Heart (Demo) a listen

ABBA/Beatles/ELO influenced pop, try All About Love

Thanks

The Fade is an unsigned rock band from Fife Scotland

Heres the a link to my bands page

Heavily influenced by U2 and Muse

The Fade

Go to the band profile tab and listen to "Escape" it's the most U2 sounding..it even has a shimmer effect in it.
Your music would fit in well with the Unforgettable Fire era of U2 music, which is a very good thing.Nice job!

Hi, I am back with a track that I have been planning on giving away for free. It was recorded pretty much in one take as I wanted to give it a raw, sort of unpolished feel. It's slightly experimental, at least toward the end. Somewhat influenced by Radiohead. It's called "A White House". It is on my Soundclick page along with a download link:

SoundClick artist: Vincent Magnarella - page with MP3 music downloads

And yes the lyrics during the second verse of the song do not make sense.

And Chill Mike D, that was absolutely beautiful! Almost makes me want to cry but not in a bad way. :) Nice little piece of music. It sort of reminded me of Radiohead's "Motion Picture Soundtrack". Sorry, I've been on a HUGE Radiohead phase lately and we've got no new music from U2. So they're making up for it.

Hey all,

I play guitar and sing in Mouse Grey. Three piece garage/indie band from socal....influences include The Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Depeche Mode. Just alternative/shoegaze in general.

Here's our new single, called 'The Echo In My Mind' (due out on vinyl only in April): YouTube - MOUSE GREY - The Echo In My Mind

and here's some more info if you're interested.

Official site: Mouse Grey: Shows

Facebook: Mouse Grey | Facebook

Comments and feedback welcome!

DJ Mark Baker - Life Preserver [House / Techno]

Done in one take......comments are welcome.
Dedicated to my wife, Jocelyn.

5544620847_cf62b681b1.jpg

Life Preserver - DJ Mark Baker - March 2011
DJ Mark Baker - Life Preserver by solacevip on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

1. My student - Elizabeth
2. Plej - You
3. Acida - Kaoss
4. Joy Marquez - Ungodliness (Rene Sandoval Remix)
5. Grouve Armada - Superstylin (Ant Brooks Re-Edit)
6. Apademic - Ladedah
7. MGMT - The Kids (Albert Neve Private Rework)
8. The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition (Sonny Wharton Bootleg)
9. Gianluca Motta - Not Alone feat. Molly (Tiger Stripes Remix)
10. Format B - Gospel
11. Pleasurekraft - Indiantula (Sasha Dangelo Edit)
12. Marcus Meinhardt - Mad Max (Super Flu's Home Sweat Home Remix)
13. Steve Lawler - Gimme Some More feat Roland Clark
14. Soundshaperz - Cocaine
15. Julian Wess & Mike Carey feat Johan Cederberg - Mountains (Smartminds Remix)
16. Timo Garcia, Amber Jolene - Lady Luck/City Lights (Solee Remix)

Dj Mark Baker

I listened to about 5 minutes of this earlier while I was out running errands and what not and was really enjoying it. I'm probably going to give the whole thing a go pretty soon here.

Back
Top Bottom