Share your original music - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #136
The Male

Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2

I did keep listening up until track 9, then I went to bed as it was getting late. I have continued listening today and I really like a great majority of it. I'll have to give it another listen as I can't really remember all my favorites at the moment. I definitely liked "Questionnaire", "Silent At the Start", "Grass", "4:15 AM, Lying Beside Her" (I really loved that one and I'm big on acoustic songs also, so that could be why and is probably why I like a lot of your material), "Reason", "White Elephant", "Just As Well", "Only One Night", "Honeysuckle Wine", and "Harvest Moon". All great!

I loved that ending on "Just As Well" also, nice job! "Only One Night" had a gorgeous intro and was very awesome, great chord changes. That was probably my favorite and it kind of reminded me of Death Cab for Cutie. Great work! I'm always glad to add some good music to my iPod and this is a fine addition.

Glad someone liked "Blur", I was nervous about a few bits. And I do think that boosting the volume on the chorus would be good, I just don't know how to do that. I was thinking of software. I have Audacity and put all my tracks through there but I only know how to boost the volume on the whole track and not just an individual section.
Well, thank you! I know what my influences were for this album, but when you work on it for as long as I did, it becomes something totally different by the end. I'm going for a more psychedelic rock/krautrock thing with the next record, very 70s and very dreamy, so Grass is probably the best example of where I'm going next.

You should just be able to highlight the section by dragging over it and boosting the volume from there, but I would need to see the waveform. I can never get anything worthwhile out of Audacity because I either don't have the right cables or simply do not know how to direct inject audio; I have to mic everything. I have a 16 track recorder anyway, but I like to use Audacity for the demos. I may actually start using tape effects for the next record, so I've got to borrow one of my dad's TASCAMs.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theedgeu2 View Post
After seeing this I was reminded that "Up Against the Wall" is available on iTunes, if anyone really liked the song. I can't post the link but if you search Vincent Magnarella Up Against the Wall it should come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Well, thank you! I know what my influences were for this album, but when you work on it for as long as I did, it becomes something totally different by the end. I'm going for a more psychedelic rock/krautrock thing with the next record, very 70s and very dreamy, so Grass is probably the best example of where I'm going next.

You should just be able to highlight the section by dragging over it and boosting the volume from there, but I would need to see the waveform. I can never get anything worthwhile out of Audacity because I either don't have the right cables or simply do not know how to direct inject audio; I have to mic everything. I have a 16 track recorder anyway, but I like to use Audacity for the demos. I may actually start using tape effects for the next record, so I've got to borrow one of my dad's TASCAMs.
I really liked Grass so I'm guessing I'll like what you have up next. I'm a big fan of dreamy/atmospheric music so that sounds interesting. I can't wait for it!

I actually figured out how to do the volume boost in Audacity, although Audacity can get really complicated sometimes. I just played it in my car and the overdriven guitar in the chorus is just too ahead of the mix and there's a little too much increase in volume. Gotta do a new mix. And I checked out Mark Kozelek's work with Sun Kil Moon and I like that stuff too. I can hear some similarities.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #138
Refugee

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Here's a song I recently wrote...I recorded it this morning over some coffee and some cheap amps.

YouTube - ‪Maybe Nathan Kluenenberg Acoustic‬‏
Old 06-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #139
Babyface

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Check out new band The Red Suns

Everyone check out the debut video 'Give Me Gold' by my band The Red Suns. We have been referenced to early U2 stuff so I thought this would be a good place to start. Any feedback would be appreciated;-) Also click 'like' on the facebook page to receive updates for gigs and new releases. Many thanks, waz

Old 07-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Just sharing an unused track titles "Spies" from my recent sessions for my new album 'Discovery', which should be up on iTunes any day now. I wrote and then recorded this ambient song but it wasn't perfectly recorded, what with a couple mistakes, and it didn't fit the vibe of the rest of my album. So I cut it anyway and placed it in my iTunes. I thought I'd share it and maybe get some interpretations on lyrics? Lyrics were done on the spot with no already written lyrics. It was literally all done on the mic. There's two ambient, shimmering guitars, kinda like the effect Edge uses on some U2 songs (Running to Stand Still from ZooTV, intro to COBL from Vertigo Chicago, etc). If you've any opinions it would be great to hear them.

Here's the link on SoundCloud: Spies by Vincent Magnarella on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

And the lyrics:

"Spies"

Mmm mmm
Oh oh
Fate is written on a blackboard
In a school room
There it lies
Inside the walls lie the spies
Continually they will not hear your cries for escape
For escape

Follow them out into the dark
Yeah, you follow them to the river
And you pause as you wait
Drink the water
Drink the water
They're waiting for you
And the moonlight casts it's light on us
I can shine so bright
For you
But you don't even notice
Do you?

You show me no appreciation
Sometimes my eyes glow fiery, fiery red
Then they'll see me
They'll have my head
Ooh
You'll try to run
You will try to run
Try to run
I was the on holding the gun
Firing away

I hide away
Keep the secrets away from you
I hide away
I'm watching you
Every move
Oh but you make me feel clean
You make me feel good again
You make me feel useful
We're waiting for everything to return to normal
Cover my eyes
Cover my eyes
I don't want to see
I don't want to see
I don't want you to see
Misery
Ooh
No the spies
They do not realize
Old 07-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:35 AM
New demo..be so kind to listen :)

Goodafternoon y'all!!

A couple of years ago I posetd a couple of demo's on interference from my band. Times have changed and I am working on a soloproject called M.E.G. (Mato el Gato)
I worked on a new song yesterday called sexy driver which is quit different from what I normally make. It is a homerecording but it the sound is pretty good..please let me know what you think. hope you like it, I do

thanks!

[url=
Old 07-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #142
The Male

Why is this in Lemonade Stand now? It'll receive even fewer views than it typically does.

Now.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #143
45:33

Local Time: 10:35 AM
Maybe it can be merged with mrs garrison's stories thread. Get some mutual inspiration going.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:05 AM
Well, since this thread is here I may as well plug my brother's music/comedy/miscellanea. He's far more talented than I am and definitely worth your time.

Romance with a Triple Bass
Old 07-31-2011, 03:24 AM   #145
The Male

I hope this gets moved to OOC so I can share the original food I just ate and spot on my ass I just scratched.

Now.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Nevermind. I gotta fix something.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

My new album 'Discovery' by me Vincent Magnarella just went live today on iTunes and I've so badly wanted to get some feedback on this one song called "Dizzy". If you checked out my song "Blur", which comes off this album, it has a similar sort of feel but a bit more lively. I've uploaded it to SoundCloud so you can listen to the whole song and if you like it a lot you can purchase on iTunes.

Here's the song on SC:

Dizzy by Vincent Magnarella on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

My new album, 'Discovery', is out!

Hello, now before you click out of this thread I wanted to share with you my new album. There is a link below for free listening to one of my best songs on SoundCloud. I figure someone might be interested and might possibly like some of what they hear. It's worth a shot.

I've been worked up for my new album ever since I mixed and finished off the first track for it. I failed miserably with my first album, which I never want to talk about ever and I've been looking to bounce back with something pretty good. Nobody probably gives a rats ass but I figured I'd share about it and maybe somebody may like what they hear. It took 6 months of work to complete (not including song writing). Loads of material was influenced by bands such as U2, Keane, Kings of Leon, Radiohead, Doves etc. You get the feel. I tried to make the material stand out from those bands. So enough blabbering about it. I'll post a link to my favorite track, and one I think lots of people would love, called "Dizzy" for free listening.

Dizzy on SoundCloud: Dizzy by Vincent Magnarella on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

'Discovery' on iTunes if you're interested: Discovery by Vincent Magnarella - Download Discovery on iTunes

My fan page on Facebook: Vincent Magnarella (Music) | Facebook

To those of you who gave it a shot and previewed, a big thank you to you. I am sorry if I annoy anyone. I am too happy that I must share it. Good day.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I think Dizzy was my favorite, too...I'll try to get to listen to the rest at some point, after college packing n stuff...
Old 08-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #150
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow, congrats! I'll have to check it out.

Tags
band, original songs