Shane MacGowan - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:20 AM
I second u2popmofo...from now on Shane McGowan is like a secret incantation or something.

But on topic...yeah he didn't look worse than usual, but usual is pretty bad in the first place. Fine musician though.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
so, about the guy's music...

you know, peace & love gets a bad rap. "misty morning, albert bridge" is a damn near great song.
I agree IWasBored. Misty Morning is a great song and so is London You're A Lady. White City, Young Ned, Gartloney Rats, Cotton Fields, lots of good stuff. An underrated Pogues album, as is Hell's Ditch.

How did Yertl know what U2popmofo meant. This old timer still doesn't have a clue What is She's Alive from, Bride of Frankenstein?

Anyways, I thought Shane was in good form last couple times I saw the Pogues, so I'd make an effort to see them if your in Washington DC or NYC or Boston or where-ever they're playing in March. Especially the last night if there are multiple shows...........Fiesta is usually quite a party as the opening acts come out and join them

Old 03-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:20 PM
i think they were referring to my return from the dead at the mention of anything pogues-related.

nah, i'm still dead. but on a similar note (similar to this thread, not my existence), flogging molly do have a new album out...
Old 03-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
i think they were referring to my return from the dead at the mention of anything pogues-related.

nah, i'm still dead. but on a similar note (similar to this thread, not my existence), flogging molly do have a new album out...
I posted about this and no one commented.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:42 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

Now I get it IWasBored. I'm a little slow on the uptake

Pogues are in D.C. this weekend, NYC next week (15,16 & 17th) with Billy Bragg on the 16th which should be very interesting & Ollin & William Elliot Whitmore on the 17th (St. Patty's Day) which will be beyond . Reviews from Chicago sound great & Shane seems to be in top form. Someone get their ass there so I can relive it vicariously through your review. I'm pumped just thinking about it
Old 03-10-2008, 02:57 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Anyone catch Body of an American on tonights episode of The Wire?

It is part of the set next week at The Pogues shows in NYC and Boston.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon

I posted about this and no one commented.

yeah, but it was either in the dkm or fm thread, wasn't it? i'm too lazy to scroll back through this thing and even with the crazy level of success dkm is enjoying these days, IF is still the one place where a million plastic paddys still don't care.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #23
Babyface

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Shane McGowen provided me hours of entertainment from his appearance on RTE to sing "The Ballad of Ronnie Drew."

HOURS.

Bless his heart.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:28 AM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

i'm either too drunk (which isn't the case) or too stupid (quite likely) to be able to find the other pogues thread where i mentioned having tickets to see them this time through new england. went to the second of the boston shows this year, and...as far as seeing the band, i'm glad i went. i'm pretty much done with the list of bands that still tour that i need to see before the stop playing shows. music sounded good. shane showed up and remembered probably about 90% of the words. he fucked up on "rainy night in soho" and sang the "and now this song is over..." verse twice. and there was one other point. but other than that, the only bummer (aside from the idiot crowd, but that's another story that i'm sure no one wants to here) was philip chevron or whoever it was singing "thousands are sailing." it was decent, but it wasn't what i wanted to hear. oh well. i almost left before the encore, because they closed with "sick bed of cuchullain," which was so perfect that i didn't want to hear anything else...until they came back out and played "sally macclenanne" and "rainy night in soho." awesome songs, so who could be disapointed there?

Old 03-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #25
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Am suprised he has lived this long tbh. Anyone that has been along for the ride with Shane, would have been expecting him to meet his maker at almost anytime over the last 25 yrs!

Tags
shane macgowan