Seen any good music videos lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Last year, for the first time, I made a list of my favorite videos of the year. I really fell back in love with the medium in the following months and I promised myself I'd keep a running list going of my favorites as I came across them.

Of course, I didn't do that.

Every so often, though, I've been making a concerted effort to try and catch up with what I may have missed.

Thanks mostly to an awesome Stereogum list ( Stereogum’s Top 25 Music Videos Of 2013 So Far - Stereogum ) I've found about 5 or 6 videos to keep on the running list, but this video was so good, it prompted me to start a thread:

Cold Mailman - My Recurring Dream - YouTube

"Big Love" by Fleetwood Mac may be my favorite music video of all time. Anything in that same vein is going to intrigue me. This video, however, kinda failed a little on the transitions, but the things that are going on in the actual tracking shots more than make up for it. So many stories here and so many things for your eye to look at. Easy contender so far for my favorite video this year.

Anyone else have videos to share? They don't have to be from this year, but the general idea of the thread is for them to be more recent, if possible.

Bands still make videos?

Pretty sure the Sea of Love video was the only one I've seen this year, and I only watched about half of it.

KN1GHT - Last Moon (Official Music Video) on Vimeo

Not going to win any awards for originality, but it does the Akira/cyberpunky/hot pink 80s neon thing real cool.

Maybe the story's not super original, but I thought the style was fairly unique. Haven't seen much that looks like that, outside of cheap tv commercials that don't have nearly the sense of themselves that this did.

Really liked the song too!

The rundown mall is interesting as a setting, slightly sinister at times. Solange is pretty cool to.
I don't usually like the videos that are just the artist singing, but you're right, the setting and really the lighting, made this video really great looking. Good song too.

Liked this one from earlier in the year to, i'd never have thought figure skating would have went with this song, but it works and I think its mainly because the figure skater here looks badass.

I was not expecting the figure skater, oh man. When the lighting got all harsh near the end, that was fantastic. I really love the hilariously played ending, too.

Here's another favorite of mine...I don't know how many Yo La Tengo videos any of you have seen, but they certainly have a history of making some really goofy weird stuff. This is no exception. At first you kinda just find yourself thinking, wtf? But as it goes on, I, at least, couldn't help but start laughing at how ludicrous it all was:

Yo La Tengo - "I'll Be Around" video - YouTube

Odd video, cool wee song though. Personally I quite like some videos where it is essentially just the performer singing, just depends on how well that performer can command your attention, like Fiona Apple in the video for 'Hot Knife'.

This video shares the unexpectedness of the Pissed Jeans one, takes a bit to get going but it goes somewhere very amusing.

Jonathan Rado - "Faces" (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Odd video, cool wee song though. Personally I quite like some videos where it is essentially just the performer singing, just depends on how well that performer can command your attention, like Fiona Apple in the video for 'Hot Knife'.

This video shares the unexpectedness of the Pissed Jeans one, takes a bit to get going but it goes somewhere very amusing.

Oh my God. I was all ready to post "haha, just proof that the macarena conquers all", but then the ending happened :ohmy:

Yeah, this is my running list of favorites from this year so far:

David Bowie - The Stars (Are Out Tonight)
Anna Kendrick - Cups
Capital Cities - Kangaroo Court
Yo La Tengo - I'll Be Around
The NSJ Crew - Khaki Pants
Cold Mailman - My Recurring Dream
Beach House - Wishes
Disclosure - When a Fire Starts to Burn
Spiritualized - I Am What I Am
Arcade Fire - Reflektor (Interactive Video)

Back
Top Bottom