Sadness is beautiful, loneliness is tragical - here we discuss the Backstreet Boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
Having recently seen the five member original line up live in Saitama (Tokyo) (don't judge - there is usually sweet f*ck all shows coming through the T'yo when I am there so I see what I can) I realised even as a relative non-fan attendee I seem to know a good dozen of their songs word for word. Upon further inspection of their Greatest Hits album I discovered they had in fact infiltrated my musical memory quite deeply in the past 15 years.

I am not necessarily proud of this fact however quality cheesy pop can sometimes be quite thrilling. Thus I present to you the latest in my non-sensical pop threads (BNL, Take That etc) and wish to h=read your BSB memories/nightmares.

My favourite BSB moment - 'Bigger' followed by either 'Shape Of My Heart', 'Just Want You To Know' or 'Larger Than Life'. 'Quit Playing Games', 'The Call', 'Drowning', 'Weird World' and 'I Want It That Way' are also awesome.

Backstreet Boys - Bigger - YouTube :drool: :love:

hey, that bnl thread is mine!

:wink:

i have no good memories of the backstreet boys at all*. as much as i hate to say it, i'm sure i could sing along to most of the songs, because when i was 12-13 they were a huge deal amongst all my equally just barely pubescent friends. and all those friends delighted in driving me nuts making me listen to this shit, because i never liked the boy band shit even a little bit. whether i could distinguish a backstreet boys song from an nsync song is another story (i'm 99% sure i cannot).

*although it does amuse me greatly that the copy of the backstreet boys album my brother owned was on cassette. because apparently that was still an option in 1997ish?

Do you live in Saitama or Tokyo? I lived in both Kawagoe and Ageo in the late '90's (both Saitama) for almost a year total. Lived near Kita Senju in Tokyo (Adachi-ku) for about half a year.

i can't remember if i had a backstreet boys or 'nsync album on cassette. but i remember finding it deeply disturbing that in the call-and-response part of "backstreet's back" the one guy sings "am i sexual?" and the band replies "yeaaaah"
ummm. wtf.

Do you live in Saitama or Tokyo? I lived in both Kawagoe and Ageo in the late '90's (both Saitama) for almost a year total. Lived near Kita Senju in Tokyo (Adachi-ku) for about half a year.

I spend 2-3 months a year in Urasayu for work. Thus if any band comes through it's not too far to road trip to the gig :) There is a decent English pub in Kita Senju that I may have frequented once or twice. Back in Brisbane now though.

As for cassettes - I do recall (and may still have) having a 7" vinyl of 'As Long As You Love Me' given as a dodgy xmas gift from my older sister...

i have no good memories of the backstreet boys at all*. as much as i hate to say it, i'm sure i could sing along to most of the songs, because when i was 12-13 they were a huge deal amongst all my equally just barely pubescent friends. and all those friends delighted in driving me nuts making me listen to this shit, because i never liked the boy band shit even a little bit. whether i could distinguish a backstreet boys song from an nsync song is another story (i'm 99% sure i cannot).

*although it does amuse me greatly that the copy of the backstreet boys album my brother owned was on cassette. because apparently that was still an option in 1997ish?

I missed out on (avoided?) any serious exposure to Backstreet Boys and Nsync because I was already in or done with college by the time they were a thing. I do remember some discussion in high school of NKOTB and whether Hanging Tough was worthy of being considered a "real rock song."

No.

I'll always be a Backstreet Boys hipster and say that Black and Blue was my favorite album of theirs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom