Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not bitching. Just trying to get people to think about her earlier and better work. If Adams did a fucking FEARLESS cover album I'd have bought 10 copies.

Yeah, I wish it had been any other album, cause I'm equally as much not going to listen to this album as I didn't listen to 1989.

The whole point of this project seems to be to prove that Taylor's songwriting can hold up without all the production. If that's the case, he should have recorded Speak Now instead. It has many of her best songs and she wrote the whole album herself.

Ryan Adams versions of Back to December and Enchanted would actually be really good.

If you look at it from that angle then that would also kind of be pointless, though, because the production on Speak Now isn't anything big or bold or in your face and it doesn't obscure the songwriting in any way. It's stripped back in a lot of places, compared to 1989.

Back To December, to take one of your examples, has some strings? Maybe a cool drum part or two? But then it's just her and the guitar and the story.

Great song btw. Probably the 8th or 9th best song on Speak Now.

:drool:

Last edited:
Thoughts on Prisoner?

I freaking love it. Self titled grew on me in time, but this album is a cracker

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thoughts on Prisoner?

I freaking love it. Self titled grew on me in time, but this album is a cracker

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Incredible in every way. The album I have been waiting for him to make for my entire fandom of him.
Cold Roses gets a lot of praise, and it really good. But not nearly as consistent as this album. Heartbreaker will forever be my favorite, but that one is not as consistent as Prisoner either. It has some high points that Prisoner doesn't reach, but I just love this album. So happy about it.

Back
Top Bottom