Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger, Cardinology, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya know, I've gotten really behind on bootlegs...I haven't heard the most recent ones, so I'm not so sure about the sound...:reject:...but most of the songs slated for the album have been performed live already. If you're interested in the lyrics, Answering Bell should have them.

As of right now, these are the tour dates that are out there:

Tue May 15 Glenside, PA - Keswick Theater

Wed May 16 - Kingston, NY - Ulster Performing Arts Center

Thu May 17 - Morgantown, WV - Metropolitan Theatre

Fri May 18 (or Sat May 19) - Louisville, KY W.L. Lyons Brown Theatre

Tues June 5 - Wiltshire, UK - Stonehenge

Fri, Sat, or Sun Aug 31, Sep 1, or Sep 2 - Turin, NY - Snow Ridge Ski Area (Moe.down festival)

Kingston will go on sale to the general public April 2nd through Ticketmaster, but there's a 10:00 pre-sale today...

:shifty:

Possible album cover from Lost Highway:

EasyTiger.jpg

I'm really starting to like Rock N Roll. It's derivative...but it's also a lot of fun. Shallow, Luminol, Burning Photographs...it's all pretty amusing fun.

Rock N Roll is a great driving album. It's always one I like to crank up during road trips.

Is he still not drinking? I heard a few months ago that he'd sobered up, and I heard a show from that time that sounded great.

Any idea what direction he's going with this one? Cold roses wasn't too bad but Jacksonville & 29 were just too mellow for me. And I became a fan during his Whiskeytown years... It's not like I'm waitng for him to unleash the rock or anything.

Bonochick said:
As of right now, these are the tour dates that are out there:

Tue May 15 Glenside, PA - Keswick Theater

Wed May 16 - Kingston, NY - Ulster Performing Arts Center

Thu May 17 - Morgantown, WV - Metropolitan Theatre

Fri May 18 (or Sat May 19) - Louisville, KY W.L. Lyons Brown Theatre

Tues June 5 - Wiltshire, UK - Stonehenge

Fri, Sat, or Sun Aug 31, Sep 1, or Sep 2 - Turin, NY - Snow Ridge Ski Area (Moe.down festival)

Kingston will go on sale to the general public April 2nd through Ticketmaster, but there's a 10:00 pre-sale today...

What, no First Ave? Heh.

Ryan Adams cancels Stonehenge gig

Singer won't be bringing 'Spinal Tap' to life after all

=========

Ryan Adams' appearance at Stonehenge has been called off.

The singer was due to play the historic site as part of the Salisbury International Arts Festival on June 5, but organisers have now axed the date.

It was feared that non-ticket holders might try to watch the show from the nearby road, forcing English Heritage to change the venue for public safety reasons.

However, a suitable alternative site cannot be found, and Adams is no longer taking part in the festival.

"We are very sorry that Ryan Adams will not be able to perform at Stonehenge, but the demand for tickets was both unprecedented and unforeseen, and we have to put public safety first," explained Stonehenge director Peter Carson.

He added: "We have worked with Salisbury International Arts Festival to try and identify a suitable alternative, and have offered to make available another English Heritage site, but we appreciate that it would be hard to find an appropriate substitute for such a unique venue."

Tickets for the event had not been put on sale.

Adams, meanwhile, is due to release new album 'Easy Tiger' on June 25.

People are getting this email:

============

The exceptionally high demand for a limited number of tickets was considered by English Heritage to pose a potential safety risk, with the strong possibility that non-ticket holders would park along the verge to try to see Ryan Adams from the road. As a result, English Heritage reluctantly decided that in the interest of public safety the venue should be changed.

As a suitable alternative venue was not found, Ryan Adams will no longer be performing as part of the Salisbury International Arts Festival and no other UK tour dates are scheduled at this time.

Director of Salisbury International Arts Festival, Jo Metcalf said:
"We have tried our hardest to make this event happen but ultimately we have to respect English Heritage's decision. At the Festival we try to present distinctive events drawing together world-class artists and stunning locations, in some cases there will inevitably be situations that cannot be overcome.''

I Hope You Like It! There Are Beautiful Songs On There.

I won that a whole bunch of times, I will take you out to dinner to make you feel better, because I am going to be filthy rich soon. :hug:

Posted at another board:

I was given a release schedule and it seems Two/Halloween Head will be the first (presumably double A Side) single from Easy Tiger on 18th June.

That's in UK mind you.

I work in radio so that's how I got that info.

Every time I see Bonochick has written something new in this thread, I hope against hope that it's an itinerary for an extensive tour.

Every time, I am disappointed. Announce the damn tour already. :mad:

inmyplace13 said:
Every time I see Bonochick has written something new in this thread, I hope against hope that it's an itinerary for an extensive tour.

Every time, I am disappointed. Announce the damn tour already. :mad:

:angry: I know...same here.

I have no idea why, but I think my favorite Ryan Adams song is Burning Photographs now. Something about it I really love. :slant:

Mockingbirdsing is my favorite as of right now.

Nothing will ever bear Magnolia Mountain.

Cold Roses is brilliant in every possible way,
my favorite album of his, every song is little treasure all on its own. Magnolia Mountain is quite wonderful, as is Easy Plateau as is all 50 tracks on there.

I especially love that second to last picture. :love:

Got this email:

Catch Ryan Adams & The Cardinals performing
"What Sin Replaces Love"
&
"Goodnight Rose"
(from the upcoming album, Easy Tiger)
on IFC's The Henry Rollins Show on 4/20 @ 11pm (EST)

The email also said:

Ryan will be touring with The Cardinals throughout 2007

New date up at Ticketmaster...

Thu, 08/09/07
07:00 PM
The Lawn At White River
Indianapolis, IN More Info

on sale:
Sat, 04/28/07 10:00 AM

Hey can anyone point me toward a good Ryan Adams message board?

Thanks

If the review is to be believed, it seems as though this record will be much more focused than anything else that he has produced. That is not to suggest, however, that the lack thereof on his other albums has been detrimental.

Back
Top Bottom