Rolling Stones Appreciation Thread / Tour etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Rolling Stones
Staples Center
Los Angeles, CA, USA

2013 May 3

tonight's setlist (at least on paper)

Sem+t%C3%ADtulo.png

So Mick Taylor is with them on tour but he only gets to play one song?

That's just inexplicably lame.

"The band has no new material to tour behind"

wait, didn't they just put out an album? i don't mean one that people want to hear live, or care about, but don't they technically have a new-ish album? or was that some time last year and my concept of time is just iffy at best?

"But now legitimate secondary ticket sellers such as StubHub.com "

legitimate is pushing it...

They released their 357th greatest hits compilation last year. It featured two new songs. The last album featuring all new material was released in 2005.

ah, i see. clearly, i wouldn't have listened to it if it had actually been new.

I wish I could express how badly I want to go to this show. I mean, there have been four concerts I have wanted to attend for almost as long as I can remember:

1) The Wall in full
2) The Rolling Stones
3) The Red Hot Chili Peppers
and for whatever reason
4) The Barenaked Ladies

I never thought I'd get to see #1, but I did, and it was the greatest concert experience of my life, unlikely to ever be topped. Last year I saw #3 and this summer, I'm likely seeing #4.

If I could just see the Stones, man...I don't like to feel like I'm asking for too much, but I just can't imagine what it would even be like. They were the first band I ever distinctly remember saying, "That's the #1 band I want to see some time in my life". We're talking, like, when I was 12.

It's going to be hard for me not to jump on tickets as the 28th/31/3 come nearer. I just don't know if my wallet would survive it and I hate them for that. I mean, there is this seething hatred in me towards the Rolling Stones right now, and there's a lot of bitterness as well.

Ah well, I'm not sure if any of that made since, just some (literal) midnight rambling.

Go.

I splurged $200 when I shouldn't have on a Springsteen ticket when I'd already seen him three days earlier. And look how that turned out...

Go.

I splurged $200 when I shouldn't have on a Springsteen ticket when I'd already seen him three days earlier. And look how that turned out...

It's easy to say, man, but I've got a lot of commitments and I have already put a lot of money into summer concerts. Travis and I are trying to buy a house late this year and other such future planning.

That being said, I get what you mean. And I will definitely be following TC's advice below.

Keep your eye out for a on $85 drop. They will post the link via twitter. Ticket locations are completely random and at least for the first LA show there were 25 pairs of pit tickets.

Yeah, I signed up for the e-mail list, so I'll keep an eye out for that. Question though, if you buy two tickets are you getting two random tickets? I think Travis would understand us not seeing the show together, but it would definitely suck.

I wish I could express how badly I want to go to this show. I mean, there have been four concerts I have wanted to attend for almost as long as I can remember:

1) The Wall in full
2) The Rolling Stones
3) The Red Hot Chili Peppers
and for whatever reason
4) The Barenaked Ladies

I think you meant to put that "and for whatever reason" between 2 and 3.

I think you meant to put that "and for whatever reason" between 2 and 3.

Hah, yeah, I suppose. When I was just getting into music, I was a huge fan of RHCP, it was just one of those dream realized things to end up seeing them eventually.

Meanwhile:

944388_10151607629573287_980093790_n.jpg

Yeah, I signed up for the e-mail list, so I'll keep an eye out for that. Question though, if you buy two tickets are you getting two random tickets? I think Travis would understand us not seeing the show together, but it would definitely suck.

they are together, but could be anywhere in the arena.

I wish I could express how badly I want to go to this show. ....

If I could just see the Stones, man...I don't like to feel like I'm asking for too much, but I just can't imagine what it would even be like. They were the first band I ever distinctly remember saying, "That's the #1 band I want to see some time in my life". We're talking, like, when I was 12.

Ah well, I'm not sure if any of that made since, just some (literal) midnight rambling.

It does make sense. I finally got to see them a few years ago, on the tour with the moving stage, and it was great. I loved it. I'm sure the setlist was less than perfect and all that bullshit, but they put on a great show, they play well, and both the fans and the band enjoy it all.

I hope you get to go.

Opening night was so much fun!! Even though I'm not a super hard core fan, I was very happy with the setlist.
As far as the $85 distribution, this is how it went down for us. The ridiculously long line was actually efficient & the show didn't start until everyone got their tickets (9pm) At the will call window each pair was already in a white envelope and randomly distributed. We had a group of 4 and even though we picked up our tickets one right after the other, one pair was on the lower level & the other in the upper level. It 's just a matter of luck. But even for the "worst case scenario" it's still a great deal. I'm looking forward to seeing if it's done differently in Anaheim.
I'm just so happy I got to cross another band off of my music bucket list :)

null-2.jpg
null-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom