Rolling Stones Appreciation Thread / Tour etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Von Schloopen said:
Wait, my brother is a doctor and a RS fan. Is that not allowed? What's a "proper" fan do for a living?

Yes, my deutscher friend. It is allowed. I'm a doctor myself. The problem is that ONLY them were allowed. It was a free "secret" concert, sponsored by some bank in France. Well, with so little concerts they will be playing and at surreal prices, it really is nice to warm up playing a concert for bankers and their doctors who are not even Stones fans, right? Ppl that can't tell Jumpin Jack Flash from Satisfaction (according to a guy who was there at this private gig and told us at the Stones fan site IORR).

GirlsAloudFan said:
Ha, that's a pretty nice conspiracy theory you have there.

Got any proof to back up the claim that it was actually a stroke?

Yes, but will only show them at a Court Room.
And i have proof that Keef never changed his blood in Swiss in 1973 too. But, again, will only present them at a Court Room.

OpenG180 said:
And i have proof that Keef never changed his blood in Swiss in 1973 too. But, again, will only present them at a Court Room.

Yeah, and Nick saved Larry's life and U2's career.

Keith admitted in his own book that the whole blood transfusion thing never happened. Nobody's questioning whether or not that is true.

I've just never heard anybody say anything about Keith Richards secretly having a stroke, and then covering it up with the palm tree story? That just seems ridiculous to me, I'm sorry. And if you can't give us any basis for making such a strong claim, well, I'm going to assume you're just full of shit.

What? Are you tossing your bf off?

A gay joke? that's what you've got? A gay joke? You have 39 year old medical proof KR never had an injection that nobody actually believes he had, and, when challenged on it, you respond with a gay joke and a PM calling me an asshole?

Top work.

Von Schloopen said:
A gay joke? that's what you've got? A gay joke? You have 39 year old medical proof KR never had an injection that nobody actually believes he had, and, when challenged on it, you respond with a gay joke and a PM calling me an asshole?

Top work.

Wtf? Are you really a complete idiot? What injection? If you mean the blood change, i thought it was obvious i was joking. Deutscher, you are an asshole and a complete idiot.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Keith admitted in his own book that the whole blood transfusion thing never happened. Nobody's questioning whether or not that is true.

I've just never heard anybody say anything about Keith Richards secretly having a stroke, and then covering it up with the palm tree story? That just seems ridiculous to me, I'm sorry. And if you can't give us any basis for making such a strong claim, well, I'm going to assume you're just full of shit.

Yea yea... I'm full of it.

Anyone getting the 3CD Deluxe of GRRR? Wondering what the hardcover book is like.

I have most of the songs, and DL'd Doom and Gloom and One More shot just now. Not sure if I want this if the book is just pictures.

PennyLanePHINS said:
Anyone getting the 3CD Deluxe of GRRR? Wondering what the hardcover book is like.

I have most of the songs, and DL'd Doom and Gloom and One More shot just now. Not sure if I want this if the book is just pictures.

Not worth it. No liner notes (not even the year of each song), some pictures and that's all. There are prints like postcards that are replica's of some tour posters. The regular 3 CD digipak is a better choice and it's cheap at amazon.

Thanks, I think there's only 10 or 11 songs on it that I don't have...maybe i'll see if they do a Cyber Monday sale on the standard one, they always have some good ones.

The Stones kicked off their '50 and Counting' shows at London's O2 Arena tonight...they were joined by Jeff Beck, Mary J. Blige, and former Stones members Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor.

I Wanna Be Your Man
Get Off Of My Cloud
It’s All Over Now
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter (with Mary J. Blige)
Wild Horses
Lady Jane
All Down The Line
Going Down (with Jeff Beck)
Out Of Control
One More Shot
Doom And Gloom
It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (with Bill Wyman)
Honky Tonk Women (with Bill Wyman)

Band Intros

Before They Make Me Run
Happy
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Miss You
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For The Devil

ENCORE
You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with choir)
Jumpin’ Jack Flash

A very nice setlist, in my opinion. I am very surprised they did not perform the overplayed, overused, yet epic 'Satisfaction' - I think they stored it in the vault. :(

London 25th November 2012, O2 Arena | The Rolling Stones

Small snippet of "I Wanna Be Your Man" and "Get Off Of My Cloud":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vxatkf6yvs

Checked out Crossfire Hurricane over the weekend. Definitely cool, but they omitted the last 30 years of the Stones' history.

Here it is...Mick and Keef fight. Bill Wyman marries toddler while his son marries her great grandmother. Mick and Keef fight, Bill Wyman retires, Mick and Keef fight. Ticket prices reach astronomical levels, Mick and Keef fight. Needing to tour to support their lifestyles, Mick and Keef dig up Charlie Watts' dead body (they didn't tell anyone he died) and prop him up behind the kit Weekend at Bernies style, ticket prices reach even more astronomical levels, Mick and Keef fight. Nuclear armageddon strikes, only survivors on Earth are cockroaches and Keef, Keef fights with Mick's rotting corpse.

Here it is...Mick and Keef fight. Bill Wyman marries toddler while his son marries her great grandmother. Mick and Keef fight, Bill Wyman retires, Mick and Keef fight. Ticket prices reach astronomical levels, Mick and Keef fight. Needing to tour to support their lifestyles, Mick and Keef dig up Charlie Watts' dead body (they didn't tell anyone he died) and prop him up behind the kit Weekend at Bernies style, ticket prices reach even more astronomical levels, Mick and Keef fight. Nuclear armageddon strikes, only survivors on Earth are cockroaches and Keef, Keef fights with Mick's rotting corpse.

Ok, but what happened to Ronnie Wood? The suspense is killing me.

Ok, but what happened to Ronnie Wood? The suspense is killing me.

He learns to smile and smoke at the same time on stage. Looks more like Rod Stewart w/ dark hair. Gets sober. Has a drink. Gets sober. Has another drink. Paints. Has a drink. And goes on a media/divorce binge after a Bigger Bang. Gets sober.

I love Ronnie though, seems like a really nice guy.

I think Cross Fired ended at the right time. Nothing went on after 81 Tour musical wise for the Stones. Everything they have done after 81 has been a 'reflect upon' the glory days. Though I do enjoy Voodoo Lounge :)

Back
Top Bottom