Rolling Stones Appreciation Thread / Tour etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Moonlight Mile"
"Winter"
"Sway"
"Shine A light"

:hyper:

My favorite Rolling Stones songs. Keef didn't play on any of'em. The band was better with Mick Taylor. Jagger is underrated. Dude is a genius. Doesn't get credit for it. Right up there with Lennon as a songwriter.

We need to have a drink. Those are all top 10 for me.

Would like to add 'Let It Loose' to the top track for Exile.

It's nearly impossible to pick an all-time favorite Stones song. Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Sympathy for the Devil, and Beast of Burden, along probably with Waiting on a Friend, would all be contenders.

I have pretty boring Stones tastes. My favorites are Gimme Shelter, Sympathy For the Devil and Brown Sugar ... although Tumblin' Dice has recently been moving up the list.

Gimme Shelter is a song that never gets old for me. One of my favourite songs in general.

"Gimme Shelter" is awesome. I too love that one-would definitely be in my top 5.

Also have always loved "Paint it Black", and "Angie" (for slightly obvious reasons :wink:...no, seriously, though, I do love that song). "Beast of Burden" would be in there, too.

"Ruby Tuesday" has to be my personal favorite Stones song, though.

The boys are playing now a "secret" warmup gig in Paris. 15 euros was the price of the ticket. About 350-500 lucky ones.

Mine is probably Gimme Shelter, but depending on the day it could go to Paint It Black or Satisfaction. Mrs. Tourist says hers is She's A Rainbow.

I guess they're still promoting that Some Girls reissue.

Love that they played Shattered. Surprised they didn't play Satisfaction, but it was good to change it up for a small, intimate gig.

The Stones played another secret gig in Paris last night.

253008_10151246193523287_1347323133_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151246193523287&set=a.191011768286.127420.8305888286&type=3&theater

cobl04 said:
Anyone seen them recently? Do they still sound okay? Not that I'll go, just wondering.

You mean recently as in the last 2 warm up gigs? There are some videos on youtube and they are sounding better than the last 2007 gigs. But on the last 2007 gigs Keef was still recovering from the stroke (or the coconut tree falling as they wanted us to believe) and his performances were really bad.

Ha, that's a pretty nice conspiracy theory you have there.

Got any proof to back up the claim that it was actually a stroke?

Back
Top Bottom