Rolling Stone Magazine's 5 star rated albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I the only one who has no idea why Dalton even thought the "joke" made sense, let alone why he thinks it's funny?

Ok, it wasn't just me then. I like-a the Utah and Mormon jokes, but I just didn't get that one. Explain yourself, Dalton!

PS - Rolling Stone has had less to do about music than even MTV for as long as I can remember

So you're blaming us for not laughing at a misguided "joke" based on complete ignorance and incorrect information?

I'm going to take a #2 on Boxer in retaliation.

I understood and appreciated the joke immediately upon reading it, for the record.

I understood and appreciated the joke immediately upon reading it, for the record.

As did I. I was even talking to someone at the time of reading it and thought it remarkable enough to relay the joke to that person

.....they didnt know what the fuck I was talking about

There are quite a few on that list that I was tempted to add, but they just werent quite there. Dog Man Star in particular. I loved that album, but there were a few tracks that didnt quite do it for me. I'm surprised you included Coming Up. I remember being quite disappointed with it. A few really catch tunes, but nothing with the gravitas of Dog Man Star

Well, I judge albums by cohesivity, flow and how good the damn songs are. :D I don't care that much about lyrics.
Dog Man Star happens to be an example of an album that flows perfectly. And all songs are good to me, at least. And it also happens to have the best closer ever on an album. Coming Up is Suede's "pop" album. Full of catchy as hell stuff, no song on the album is weak and they're all very well crafted songs making the album something really good to listen in its entirely.
All IMO, of course. :wink:

Well, I judge albums by cohesivity, flow and how good the damn songs are. :D I don't care that much about lyrics.
Dog Man Star happens to be an example of an album that flows perfectly. And all songs are good to me, at least. And it also happens to have the best closer ever on an album. Coming Up is Suede's "pop" album. Full of catchy as hell stuff, no song on the album is weak and they're all very well crafted songs making the album something really good to listen in its entirely.
All IMO, of course. :wink:

Still Life :drool:

All this talk about good '90s music got me thinking. Anyone remember the song Forbidden City by Electronic? Bernard Sumner and Johnny Marr's band. I dont know how much popularity they had in Europe, but I dont recall them being too popular over here. Anyway, awesome song

Just did a little research. I didnt realize they were together for 10 years!

Didn't RS stop giving star ratings for a while and then start up again? That might explain the huge gap in time with no 5-star albums. As badly as RS sucks, I can't imagine they would not give OK Computer 5 stars.

Of course, even if this is true, they still have a lot to answer for.

Back
Top Bottom