Rolling Stone - 100 Best Albums of the Decade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How you can talk about this decade...and completely shut out the Foo Fighters...makes this list ludicrous and irrelevant IMO. One by One , In Your Honor, and Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace all deserve to be there, and In Your Honor should be top 5.

Then again, should I be surprised? To quote a compelling line from Almost Famous, "...But it's Rolling Stone. He looks harmless, but he does represent the magazine that trashed '' Layla''...broke up Cream, ripped every album Led Zeppelin ever made." Enough said.

I distinctly recall buying One By One simply because Rolling Stone gave it a good review, so I don't know if you can get away with all of that second paragraph, although I too am a little surprised that OBO wasn't included.

As for the other two albums they released this decade, In Your Honour was terrible. The other one I haven't listened to, although the singles were unlistenable and the fact that it contained an instrumental blatantly dedicated to the survivors of the Beaconsfield mining disaster was, though respectful, a less than wise decision artistically.

Back
Top Bottom