Roger Waters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've spent all morning talking this over with my dad and LemonMelon and I still can't decide if I want to go or not. I mean, I want to go more than anything, but the only thing I can feasibly afford is the 300 level seats. Has someone in here already seen the tour on the original run from that high up and have any idea if it's worth it?

We had four chances to get into the presales - two for each of the Toronto shows - and and weren't selected for any of them. Oh well.

I would think that given Waters' propensity for stage production that almost any seat this tour would be a decent one.

Lila, did you guys end up getting anything?

I could have bought tickets yesterday, yes. I tried different options in the three price levels that were offered in the Amex pre-sale. It's just too expensive for us right now, and we really don't have the money to be buying tickets. We just recently bought Muse tickets, and all of this goes on a creditcard, and we're trying not to bury ourselves in creditcard debt. The Amex pre-sale is all week I believe, until the General Sale. I can't imagine the cheaper seats ($55 listed on TM) would be in front of the stage. Which would kind of defeat the purpose for this show, no? So for now... we don't have any & aren't buying just yet. Maybe we'll watch eBay for a deal or something :sigh:

We signed up for the L.A. date on the Waters thing, but didn't "win" the opportunity to buy tix in that pre-sale.

212 - Are there any videos on YouTube you can look at that might help you decide if you want to try for the upper level seats? I know at Staples Center, Upper Level is rather high up. I sat up there for a concert once, but luckily it was the first row of that section, otherwise I might have passed on the tickets. That's why we were happier when the show was originally listed at the L.A. Forum, which is more round in shape and upper level is like middle level at Staples. Hard to explain, but it was the main venue in S.Calif. and where the L.A. Lakers & Kings used to play before Staples Center was built :madspit:

The $275-280 for mediocre seats (such as back floor) is a bit much. I had 5th row ctr. last tour for $230 in an auction. I'll go for the mid-priced seats this time around, unless it's in the first few rows.

Just won tickets on KLOS for the 12/13 show in Anaheim. Downside = not the show/date we wanted to go, but beggars can't be choosers. I hope we can make it. It's a Monday night in Anaheim. The drive can be horrific, especially depending upon when hubby can get off of work, assuming he can :sigh: :hyper: :happy:

I wasn't impressed with the $250 seats in the general sale, and the $128 ones seem sold out. I don't like the fact that they offer "official platinum seats", such as front row row for $1684.

Eight New Shows Announced!

Demand for tickets to the Roger Waters The Wall Live tour has led to the announcement of eight additional shows. The lucky cities getting second or third shows are: Boston, East Rutherford, Ft. Lauderdale, Long Island, New York, Montreal, San Jose and Toronto.

The chart below lists each of the newly announced shows. All RogerWaters.com members who have previously indicated interest in these cities will receive a link to participate in our sales, but tickets are limited, so do not delay once you get your link.
DATE VENUE CITY PRESALE
Sep 18 Air Canada Centre Toronto, ON On sale now!
Oct 01 TD Garden Boston, MA On sale now!
Oct 06 Madison Square Garden New York City, NY On sale now!
Oct 13 Nassau Coliseum Long Island, NY On sale now!
Oct 20 Bell Centre Montreal, QC On sale now!
Nov 04 Izod Center East Rutherford, NJ On sale now!
Nov 14 BankAtlantic Center Ft. Lauderdale, FL On sale now!
Dec 08 HP Pavilion San Jose, CA On sale now!

I scored Sirius presale on Mother's Day for Vancouver. :hyper:

How fitting that "Mother" got me tixs. :wink: (Well, not really... a grand for 4 plaza level seats arena side. :ohmy:)

Saw Roger in 2007 on the day after my mother passed on. "Wish You Were Here" was bittersweet. I'm so looking forward to this Fall.

4 more shows added: On Sale (or Presale?) date listed

Sep 23 United Cener Chicago, IL May 11, 9 am CDT
Nov 11 Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA May 11, 9 am EDT
Nov 30 Staples Center Los Angeles, CA May 11, 9 am PDT
Dec 14 Honda Center Anaheim, CA May 11, 9 am PDT

Just won tickets on KLOS for the 12/13 show in Anaheim. Downside = not the show/date we wanted to go, but beggars can't be choosers. I hope we can make it. It's a Monday night in Anaheim. The drive can be horrific, especially depending upon when hubby can get off of work, assuming he can :sigh: :hyper: :happy:

Congrats!!

Thanks!

Just got an email saying I have the chance to purchase pre-sale tickets for the Dec. 14 show at Staples. However, the 14th is in Anaheim, and the 30th of Nov. is in L.A. :|

I saw the show at the ACC in Toronto on Saturday. I am a huge Gilmour fan but I thought this show was incredible. I saw David in a much smaller venue and of course it seemed so intimate but this was a real treat as well. I was impressed with the tecnology and of course the sound was incredible. Say what you will about Roger, the man knows how to put on a show!!

Please Roger, come to Australia. Agree it was brilliant last time. The best sounding show I've ever heard. Would love U2 to return to arenas and have a sound set up like that. Perfect clarity and not boomy. Clearly Roger cares about such things.

There's no way to even describe how good "Run Like Hell" was. Never mind the fact that the rest of the show was almost as good. And The Wall is hands down my favorite Floyd album. Hell, it's one of my favorite albums period.

I've got a few pics, but I couldn't zoom in because my phone is broken, I'll upload some later.

When I was a kid, I always thought how much it sucked that I was never going to get to see The Wall live. The fact that this opportunity presented itself to me was definitely a high point in my life. Just so great.

Not long ago I watched 2010 live version of "Comfortably numb" on Youtube. My feelings were so strong... :heart: I want to go on this concert despite that I wonder why Roger is "rotate" classic Pink Floyd album and don't want to record one more solo album.

And what do you think about Roger's solo works? As for me, I can't say I like them. For me it's too little melodies and much conception. Most of all I like "Amused to death" because it is most melodic and there are some beautiful songs (and on the first album I hardly could tell one from another, the second album is too pop for me and for Waters, I suppose), such as "It's a Miracle" and "Perfect sense".

I'm not even sure The Wall is in my top 5 favorite PF albums and I still had my mind blown.

If you're OK with the performance being note-for-note and not being able to really see the band/don't care if they exhude emotion, it's probably the best thing ever. The visuals are so fucking good and Roger sounds great.

The best reason to go:

Wow, those are updated visuals. Seemed like a good spot for Roger to say, "now would be a good time to put on the 3-D glasses" :) . That is the first and last thing I'm gonna check about the show. I like being surprised at concerts, so I refrain from checking things beforehand. Still worried about the hammers, though :wink:

Note for note. Yeah, a problem with what is essentially a tribute band. Little chance for some stretching out, which the Floyd might have done. Me thinks, with Gilmore there, you would have said Comfortably Numb was the highlight. But Roger sounds great.

Not seeing the band. Strange, huh. But the way the wall is built is cool, half the time you don't even realize it's getting larger, cuz your suddenly lost in the music.

Glad you guys had a great time. Roger knows how to do a spectacle. I'm really looking forward to it now. :hyper:

Not long ago I watched 2010 live version of "Comfortably numb" on Youtube. My feelings were so strong... :heart: I want to go on this concert despite that I wonder why Roger is "rotate" classic Pink Floyd album and don't want to record one more solo album.

And what do you think about Roger's solo works? As for me, I can't say I like them. For me it's too little melodies and much conception. Most of all I like "Amused to death" because it is most melodic and there are some beautiful songs (and on the first album I hardly could tell one from another, the second album is too pop for me and for Waters, I suppose), such as "It's a Miracle" and "Perfect sense".

We listened to The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking on the way to the show, which is the only solo Roger I've ever heard before. I really enjoyed it, but I have no idea how indicative it may be of Roger's solo career overall.

Wow, those are updated visuals. Seemed like a good spot for Roger to say, "now would be a good time to put on the 3-D glasses" :) . That is the first and last thing I'm gonna check about the show. I like being surprised at concerts, so I refrain from checking things beforehand. Still worried about the hammers, though :wink:

Note for note. Yeah, a problem with what is essentially a tribute band. Little chance for some stretching out, which the Floyd might have done. Me thinks, with Gilmore there, you would have said Comfortably Numb was the highlight. But Roger sounds great.

Not seeing the band. Strange, huh. But the way the wall is built is cool, half the time you don't even realize it's getting larger, cuz your suddenly lost in the music.

Glad you guys had a great time. Roger knows how to do a spectacle. I'm really looking forward to it now. :hyper:

The Hammers?

"Comfortably Numb" was wonderful, no doubt, but emotionally at any rate, it, surprisingly, couldn't touch "Vera"/"Bring the Boys Back Home" and "Run Like Hell". It didn't help that Roger was making the most hilarious/adorable hand motions to the chorus of CN.

Not seeing the band made "Hey You" kind of awesome. Then it went on a little longer, and it started to feel awkward, but when Roger reappeared during "Nobody Home", I didn't really notice any more because the visuals truly took over at that point.

Three days later and I'm still not quite over it. It's going to be a while, methinks.

i fucking love Vera. it's in my top five or six from The Wall. i'd probably definitely go to this if he comes to Australia.

this must be quite surreal for you hardy, given you saw it in the 80s and all.

Gilmore performed Comfortably Numb from the top of the wall. Don't know what he was standing on, but it was something.

The Hammers?

Maybe it was just me, and maybe they aren't there anymore, but during Waiting for the Worms or The Trial, when the whole fascist paranoia comes to life and the goosestepping hammers are marching across the wall.... well, that made a lasting impression on me. :couldhavebeendrugs: :ohmy:

Roger reappeared during "Nobody Home", I didn't really notice any more because the visuals truly took over at that point.

I think I remember this as the part Roger sings sitting in a chair halfway up the wall, watching a tv set. Great moment.

Three days later and I'm still not quite over it. It's going to be a while, methinks.

Ahh, a sign of a memorable show :applaud:

Cobl04 -It's certainly bringing back memories.

And I can't imagine Roger not taking this monster all around the world before it's over. So start saving your money :wink:

I kndew what hammers you were talking about, they're in the film as well, I just didn't get what your :yikes: face meant. :lol:

I'll spoiler the rest if you don't want to see read about the show.
the hammers are projected on the screen during...waiting for the worms I think. Very very cool. I took some decent pics of that. Keep meaning to link to my review and forgetting, but there's a link to the pics in the review that I wrote on the blog in my sig.

As for Comfortably Numb, the replacement guitarist performs from the top of the wall, but the guy singing is nowhere to be scene.

Nobody's home is exactly as you described it.

Can't wait for you to see it so I can hear from you about it, Hardy.

Cobbler, I have faith you'll get to see it. Geez I wish I could see it again already :lol:

Back
Top Bottom