Roger Waters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the DVD (At least I think I Still have it) of the show from Berlin in 1990 or whenever it was.. I think I've only watched about 10 minutes of it :lol:

that's a CD..

Wow, fail on my part. For two reasons:

1. I meant to post the deluxe version, which is infinitely cooler.

2. Infinitely cooler though it may be, that version is still a CD.

But yes, Wall Live In Berlin exists, but it's so ridiculously over the top that it's hard to be emotionally affected by it.

isn't this a common (and lazy, imo) complaint levelled at the Floyd?

Not quite. I think their music does indeed come across as soulless, but it does move me at times. It depends on how much hope/humanity they decide to slip in. This is probably why Wish You Were Here resonates with so many while Dark Side has received something of a backlash.

Of course, my favorite Floyd album is Animals, which quite literally has the feel of steel.

Not quite. I think their music does indeed come across as soulless, but it does move me at times. It depends on how much hope/humanity they decide to slip in. This is probably why Wish You Were Here resonates with so many while Dark Side has received something of a backlash.

Of course, my favorite Floyd album is Animals, which quite literally has the feel of steel.

mmm, agreed. that's why i love WYWH (though Time, Great Gig and Eclipse beg to differ).

it's weird how with Floyd a perceived lack of passion or whatever doesn't really affect opinion. Animals is terrific but as you say you can't be hit by it emotionally. unless you were the subject of Pigs on a Wing.

Temptation :crack:

Not gonna click it, I'm the master of my domain

But I will come back to this in two months to check it out... :wink:

Well then, two months from now, please try and understand that I typed that message on my phone and there are some less than seemly typos.

mmm, agreed. that's why i love WYWH (though Time, Great Gig and Eclipse beg to differ).

it's weird how with Floyd a perceived lack of passion or whatever doesn't really affect opinion. Animals is terrific but as you say you can't be hit by it emotionally. unless you were the subject of Pigs on a Wing.

I don't know how I missed this thread to this point. Anyway, Animals to me is replete with emotion. It makes the speakers sweat with vitriol.

Waters' vocal delivery and Gilmour's guitar work are both as expressive as anything that they have ever done. The album is full of emotion; it's just not positive emotion. Negative emotion is emotion nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom