Robyn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, it's still distasteful to refer to someone using their sexuality as a replacement for, oh .... "woman" or "singer."

fair enough, and i'll be more careful in future about haphazardly posting. if anyone wants to take it up feel free to PM me but i hope this thread can go back to Robyn talk.

What do you think the best song from "Body Talk Pt. 2" is?

For me, I don't think you can beat "Hang With Me."

I finally listened to it - I really like it! There was only one I didn't like, We Dance To the Beat.

Hang With Me was the best, but I quite liked others. Second favorite is probably U Should Know Better.

And sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! US and Canada dates:

Robyn.com

05 Nov The Filmore Miami Beach
06 Nov Club Firestone Orlando
07 Nov The Ritz Ybor Tampa
08 Nov Buckhead Theatre Atlanta
10 Nov Terminal 5 New York
12 Nov The Sound Academy, Toronto
13 Nov Metro, Chicago
14 Nov Fine Line, Minneapolis
17 Nov Club Nokia, Los Angeles
19 Nov Venue Vancouver, Vancouver
20 Nov Wonder Ballroom, Portland
21 Nov Neumos Seattle

Just a little bit disappointed that she didn't add a Boston date this time around...

Does anyone else think that the "Body Talk" series represents one of the greatest achievements ever in pop music?

Factoring in the 15+ excellent tracks she's released in 2010, I'm going to stick by such a statement.

Well, god damn it. I waffled on wanting to go to her show because it was on a Sunday night and I knew she wouldn't be going on until very late, so I was all ehhhhh.

Then of course I decided I needed to go, but it was far too late, and the only tickets I can find are way overpriced. DAMN MY INDECISION! :scream:

But the good news is, she's doing an in-store Sunday night Easy Street at 7. WHOO! I am so there. I've never been to one of their in-store performances, so I'm not sure how early I have to be there to get a decent spot.

I think she's doing a signing as well. I'm not into getting autographs, but would love to get a picture with her if I can, just because she's so fucking awesome.

So ... Amazon has Body Talk Pt 3 as a digital release, coming out next Tuesday. But a CD version is an import that comes out in December.

Or I can get the plain old Body Talk as a CD on Tuesday, but that's a compilation of tracks from all 3 EPs ... or so I've heard. The track listing isn't listed at Amazon, which is weird for an album that comes out in 4 days.

Fuck, that's annoying. I want Part 3 as a CD! And if there are songs on the full album that are only available there (as opposed to being all songs from the 3 CDs), I'm going to be pissed, because I'll end up buying that, too. *sigh*

I've seen the tracklisting on wiki, I think. Yes Body Talk is an album containing tracks from all three EPs. There will be a Body Talk 3 EP as well, and I thought I remembered reading it would be a bonus disc with Body Talk, but I might be making that up (I probably am)

Edit: As far as I can understand, all the songs from Body Talk Pt. 3 are on Body Talk, just not in the same running order: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Talk_%28Robyn_album%29#Body_Talk_Pt._3

The album will contain five songs apiece from the previous two Body Talk albums, with five new songs. The new tracks will be made available separately as Body Talk Pt. 3 in select territories. The album will be preceded by the release of the single, "Indestructible", on 1 November 2010.

Okay, awesome! Thanks for finding that. :)

I'm so mad at myself for not getting a ticket to the show tomorrow night. What was I thinking???? It would have been worth a cab ride home and being way too tired at work the next day. :(

I didn't get to see her at Pitchfork because I was getting bottled water, but I heard her performance from there and it was absolutely phenomenal. I didn't think her music would translate well at all live, and it was great.

Big crowd at Easy Street Records tonight for her in-store. I was right up front!

They were selling the new Body Talk two days early, which was awesome. I got a wristband that would allow me a spot in the line for a signing, but wouldn't mean I'd get one, as she was limited in her time.

By the time she went on, the line wound through most of the store, but I was fine not getting an autograph. I was going to tell her that I'd sung With Every Heartbeat at karaoke last night. I'm sure she would have been so impressed. :lol:

Anyway, she's great. It was just her, a keyboard player, and a guy doing light drumming on an electronic kit. Most of the songs were stripped-down versions, and the songs held up very well in that format. Also, her voice is really great.

She played for maybe 25 minutes ... I think this was more or less the setlist:

Hang With Me
Dancehall Queen
Be Mine
With Every Heartbeat
Dancing On My Own
Show Me Love

Photobucket is being an asshole right now, so I can't share my pictures, but will try tomorrow.

Body Talk is just fantastic. Of course, it's just everything that was on pts 1 and 2, and then the new songs, but altogether it makes for an amazingly strong album.

The only track I don't care for is We Dance to the Beat, which I find monotonous without nearly as much fun as the other tracks.

Here are a few pics (under the cut because they're kind of big):

robyn1.jpg

Robyn2.jpg

robyn5.jpg

robyn6.jpg

I know nothing about her, but really enjoyed her performances on SNL this week. Album/s is/are apparently good, yes?

YES. If you liked those songs, you need to pick up Body Talk. (The full version, not one of the EPs.)

Call Your Girlfriend was bangin'. Amazeballs. Etc.

Her dance moves, clothes, and hair made me embarrassed for her on SNL, but the music was good.

I like that she goes a little ways down the weird and off-putting path, rather than looking like yet another cookie-cutter pop star with a petite body and blonde hair.

I like that she goes a little ways down the weird and off-putting path, rather than looking like yet another cookie-cutter pop star with a petite body and blonde hair.

Me, too. All the things the tourist didn't like were exactly what I did like. I actually dismissed the music (despite the raves) until I saw her. Then I got it.

Back
Top Bottom