RIP Prince

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of you young'uns may never have even heard about this, or only know that it exists. I'm pretty sure I've heard this audio before but it's been a long time, and it's one of those Shuttlecock rarities that has all but vanished, nothing on YouTube.

Bono performing with Prince in Dublin, 1995:

Видео Prince & Bono - The Cross Aftershow live Dublin 1995, GINO VANNELLI — Видео@Mail.Ru

Long intro, crowd noise but still worth a listen.

Btw, I was able to right click on that video and download it, then export the audio only via QuickTime and drop it into iTunes.

Just dumped the motherlode onto my HD: over 10 gigs of rarities. Bootlegs, unreleased albums, early versions of official albums, single mixes, concert rehearsals, you name it.

Goodbye life.

Where did you find such a thing?

Just asking out of ... *cough* curiosity.

I watched Purple Rain last night. Other than the performances (of course), the acting and the script was just so damned awful, it couldn't hold my attention.

I'd seen it before and knew this, but I thought my Prince mourning would at least keep me glued to the screen. Nope.

Literally just googled Prince discography
torrent
One of them was 7+ gigs and the other 14+ gigs. Both have all the studio releases but fill in some rarities the other is missing.

That might be the same one I snagged last week. Your mention of "bootlegs" had me intrigued. I'll have to look for those separately.

That sucks. I wish he had taken better care of his personal business affairs in the sense of having some sort of proper will.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I hate that someone broke open Prince's vault but I really wonder whether it really has hundreds of unreleased songs and music videos like he claimed?

I can't believe, and also find it extremely sad that someone like Prince had no will?!

I hate that someone broke open Prince's vault but I really wonder whether it really has hundreds of unreleased songs and music videos like he claimed?

Do you even read any of the posted articles you impulsively comment on?

"The seven-time Grammy Award winner reportedly left behind a vault containing so much music his estate could put out an album a year for the next century."

There aren't hundreds of songs. There are thousands.

Last edited:
The idea that it was a real vault after all makes me absurdly happy.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Finally watched the Kevin Smith clip again after remembering it as one of my favorite things for years. I forgot it ends kinda bitterly, but overall, still a 9/10 Prince story. Nothing tops Charlie Murphy.

I can't believe, and also find it extremely sad that someone like Prince had no will?!

I know, right? I know people don't like to think about death, and most don't think about wills until they have a family... but you would think somebody... a business manager, financial planner, etc.. would have insisted that he at least put the basics down.

For someone who fought so hard to control his work, you'd think he'd at least have put something down regarding rights to his music (released and unreleased), even if he didn't give a shit about his $$$.

Makes me wonder about the rumors of him being ill. You'd think if that were the case, he would have put together a will. Is there some religious reasoning with JW's that they wouldn't? I'm guessing not, or people would have been mentioning it all over with all the talk about the will.

Yeah but at 57, most folks think there's plenty of time to take care of a will when they get older, so not all that surprising really.

I'm flummoxed that they chose to review the weaker Diamonds and Pearls instead of (Love Symbol), or The Gold Experience for that matter.

At least Parade got some love.

Eventually Pitchfork's gonna review all the albums of Prince, right? or they deliberately chose these albums to review?

5533542_orig.png

Back
Top Bottom