RIP Prince

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So on the main page of his website, there's a paragraph below the embedded video, you click on the bolded part that says download the free mp3. On the next page, there's a pre-order ad for the whole show, but near the top if you right-click on DOWNLOAD NOW you can get the mp3.

On an old Mac with a single button mouse, you have to click and hold (or else push the control key while you click) and a little menu will pop up where there will be an option to save the file. Does that help?

I have to be honest: I'd barely listened to Prince before his passing. I really had no particular reason for this other than that you can't listen to everything. So I've been listening to Purple Rain and Sign o' the Times a few times over the last few days and I must say they're very good.

I have to be honest: I'd barely listened to Prince before his passing. I really had no particular reason for this other than that you can't listen to everything. So I've been listening to Purple Rain and Sign o' the Times a few times over the last few days and I must say they're very good.

Those would probably be the two to start with, so good for you.

Over the weekend I saw Princess(Maya Rudolph's Prince tribute band) I thought I was going to see Maya Rudolph standup so it was a little jarring at first, but it was actually pretty good. You could tell she's a real fan, most of it was early 80's stuff and she shied away from making it a greatest hits show.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Pretty much impossible for me to do a top 10. Half of it would be slow songs alone lol. But let me think on it.

Couldn't help but reminesce with Prince snippets on Friday night.

iirc they went something like this:

Angel of Harlem (w/Raspberry Beret)
Desire (w/I Would Die 4 U)
Mysterious Ways (w/Alphabet St)
All I Want Is You (w/Adore)
Bad (w/The Beautiful Ones)
Streets (w/Purple Rain)

We ended with a guitar + vocals of Purple Rain with everyone singing along.

In the intermission I (sorta) DJ'd a little set of:

I Feel For You
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Little Red Corvette
Kiss
Darling Nikki
U Got the Look
I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
Alphabet St
Sign of The Times
I Would Die For U
When Doves Cry

I know I know, very mainstream, but it was a very mainstream crowd.

Our intro music to start our show was Let's Go Crazy, and we opened with I Will Follow. Pretty cool.

All in all it was just a Prince love-in, in a U2 context.

Laz, that show is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.

:up:

Great tribute Gabe - I woulda loved to have been there.

It's time we all reach out for somethin new
And that means U2

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Digging through Prince b sides, I've discovered the greatness of Erotic City and How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore.

Erotic City is a gem- one of my favorites.

Though I heard it a billion times back in the day, I'm really digging U Got the Look again. So much fun.

This has really hit me hard. I can't say I've been a true Prince fan since probably college (meaning I haven't followed his new stuff), but he was an amazing talent, one of a kind. The world is a little less colorful without him. I'm heartbroken, and will be for some time.

I think I have this as an mp3 somewhere, but had no idea where it was from. Now I know! Thank you!

Also, a bunch of gems are popping up on YouTube, if you haven't noticed.

Here's the full show from the First Avenue concert where Purple Rain and other soundtrack songs were debuted and used for the movie. (I think the last 3 songs on the album are from this performance.)

Back
Top Bottom