RIP Prince

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RIP.

Don't really know too much of his stuff outside of some of the biggest hits and a recent single or two, should probably rectify that at some point.

Way too young. Very very sad.

Too damn young. Still trying to wrap my mind around it. So many Prince memories. I'll never get to see him at tiny, impromptu late night gigs again. :( This fucking sucks.

So glad that I went to one of those at Paisley Park over two years ago at the last minute on a whim. Getting to shake hands and talk to him afterward briefly was just a sidenote compared to seeing him live finally. Was always hoping to get the chance again and even nearly went to one of the piano performances he did recently. But I'll always be grateful for the one time now.

ugh.

i saw him once in 2004 and will now get to forever kick myself that i didn't go to that atlanta gig last week since i'm only a couple hours away.

prince and bowie in the same year when it's just april...geez.

Listened to Musicology today, very enjoyable record. It's the newest Prince album I've heard, before that it was The Gold Experience from way back in 1995. A Million Days is excellent and worth the price of admission alone.

I'm going to spin the b-sides disc of The Hits/The B Sides later. I'm woefully ignorant about Prince's non-album material, as I am about many of my favorite artists. Really looking forward to digging in because I know there are some classics in there.

Last edited:
Blasted PURPLE RAIN in the car on the way to and from work and teared up at "Thank u 4 a funky time" during Darling Nikki. Wasn't expecting that particular line to hit me so hard but I guess it sums up what I was feeling/wanted to say.

i saw him once in 2004 and will now get to forever kick myself that i didn't go to that atlanta gig last week since i'm only a couple hours away.

I thought about going to his first piano-only gig a month or two ago and even the dance party he threw on Saturday night. Sadly, you just never know when there will be no more chances.

Any chance somebody can build some sort of protective shield around all living musicians?

I've already seen lots of posts online asking that we put Springsteen and the likes of them into a "panic room" until January 1st, 2017, with doctors on standby.

2016 isn't a good year so far in that respect, indeed.

Everyone is dying. My friend passed away in his sleep this week too. It's to the point where I can't help but to worry who's next.

Hug your loved ones folks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I've already seen lots of posts online asking that we put Springsteen and the likes of them into a "panic room" until January 1st, 2017, with doctors on standby.

I'm good with this plan.

Everyone is dying. My friend passed away in his sleep this week too. It's to the point where I can't help but to worry who's next.

Sorry about your friend :hug:.

Purple Rain was my first cassette, didn't get most of it but still loved it, the movie was my first rated R movie, and I wrote my first "song" to the melody of 'Let's Go Crazy'. I was 10 years old and Prince was the fucking epitome of cool.

RIP Prince, I hope you found your world of never ending happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

One of my exes, who lost her father in 07 and her mom a few years later, just lost her fiancé last Monday. Its weird how death works.

it wasn't like I am a devoted Prince fan but I can't help respecting a guy who can play 29 instruments and vocal about music industry. RIP, Prince.

I am a devoted Prince fan. So much of my youth revolved around the sounds he created. First saw him live in concert 23 years ago last month. didn't go to his most recent surprise show because I was away in another country. I feel fucking shattered right now.

Sorry to hear about your friend also Mikal.

:( RIP.

I've never been too familiar with his work, regrettably. I'll have to start soon.

I am a devoted Prince fan. So much of my youth revolved around the sounds he created. First saw him live in concert 23 years ago last month. didn't go to his most recent surprise show because I was away in another country. I feel fucking shattered right now.

My heart goes to out you. In the 80's and 90's, Prince was a major part of the soundtrack of my life. One of my closest friends was a major fan of his, so I was able to listen to plenty of his stuff. First Prince song I ever heard was Little Red Corvette. My favorite song of his was Raspberry Beret. I was fortunate to see him live in 2010 at MSG. Naturally, he kicked all sorts of ass.

Back
Top Bottom