RIP Prince

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuck fuck fuck.

I just, you know? I don't know... God I'm really sad right now.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Holy crap.

Awful news.

There was a report last week about his plane making an emergency landing cause he was ill, but they said it was just the flu or something.

Holy crap.

Awful news.

There was a report last week about his plane making an emergency landing cause he was ill, but they said it was just the flu or something.

Yeah I was just talking to my mom and she'd said he was in a plane *crash*. That is much different.

Listening to Sign 'O' The Times. :sigh:

I imagined him living forever. Just based on his lifestyle he seemed to eat healthy and take care of himself. I guess we will have to wait to see what was the actual cause.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Man, this is hitting me hard. I had been keeping a close eye out for him doing a short-notice NYC gig - now just memories of the two times I was blessed to see him perform. RIP. :sad:

Shit, I just freaked out about this the other day when Prince was hospitalized and was relieved that it was "nothing." Did he push himself too hard or what?

Too damn young. Still trying to wrap my mind around it. So many Prince memories. I'll never get to see him at tiny, impromptu late night gigs again. :( This fucking sucks.

If you want to listen to some Prince but don't have any physical albums, get a fee trial from Tidal. It's all on there. I know I'll be blasting Prince all day. There's still so much of his discography that I haven't heard.

We need to gather all of the great price anecdotes together here. I know there's the incredible Kevin Smith one, Charlie Murphy,?uestlove and the rollerskates

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

RIP. :ohmy: So many greats going away this year - Bowie, Lemmy, Prince. Makes you think about Dylan, Macca et al.

Prince's final concert setlist from 4/14/16:

When Will We Be Paid
(The Staple Singers cover)
The Max
Black Sweat
Girl
All Day, All Night
(Jill Jones cover)
I Would Die 4 U
Baby I'm a Star
The Ballad of Dorothy Parker
Eye Love U, But Eye Don't Trust U Anymore
Little Red Corvette / Dirty Mind
Linus and Lucy
(Vince Guaraldi cover)
Nothing Compares 2 U

Encore:
Cream
Black Muse
How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore

Encore 2:
Waiting in Vain
(Bob Marley & The Wailers cover)
If I Was Your Girlfriend

Encore 3:
Sometimes It Snows in April
Play Video
Purple Rain / The Beautiful Ones / Diamonds and Pearls

Prince's final concert setlist from 4/14/16:

When Will We Be Paid
(The Staple Singers cover)
The Max
Black Sweat
Girl
All Day, All Night
(Jill Jones cover)
I Would Die 4 U
Baby I'm a Star
The Ballad of Dorothy Parker
Eye Love U, But Eye Don't Trust U Anymore
Little Red Corvette / Dirty Mind
Linus and Lucy
(Vince Guaraldi cover)
Nothing Compares 2 U

Encore:
Cream
Black Muse
How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore

Encore 2:
Waiting in Vain
(Bob Marley & The Wailers cover)
If I Was Your Girlfriend

Encore 3:
Sometimes It Snows in April
Play Video
Purple Rain / The Beautiful Ones / Diamonds and Pearls

Amazing. Definitely not a show for the causal fan, and they usually weren't.

12. He Talked Trash About Michael Jackson's Ping-Pong Skills
Prince's former sound engineer David Z told a story about Prince's attempt to play ping-pong with Jackson while the two were recording at the same L.A. studio. "You want me to slam it?" he recalled Prince asking MJ. He did not. "Michael drops his paddle and holds his hands up in front of his face so the ball won't hit him. Michael walks out with his bodyguard, and Prince starts strutting around like a rooster. 'Did you see that? He [Jackson] played like Helen Keller.'"

Fuck yes.

Back
Top Bottom