RIP Jerry Finn (producer)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Jerry Finn (popular punk/rock producer) died last Thursday. He suffered a brain hemorrhage in July, and was taken off of life support a few weeks back and never regained consciousness.

Some of the artists Jerry produced and/or mixed are listed below:

Morrissey
AFI
Bad Religion
Green Day
Rancid
Alkaline Trio
Tiger Army
Eisley
The Vandals
Sparta
Blink 182
Madness
Superdrag
The Living End
Vendetta Red
MxPx

I'm admittedly not a fan of some of the artists he's been involved with, but there's a good number of albums he's produced that I think are absolutely fantastic (You are the Quarry, Sing the Sorrow, Decemberunderground, And Out Come the Wolves, Good Mourning, Crimson, Wiretap Scars). His last piece of work, Morrissey's 'Years of Refusal', will be released early next year.

Tragic passing.

He produced Enema Of The State, which is a masterpeiceof an album IMHO. It was only last week when I realised how brilliantly produced the album is, and how much added value such production gave to that pop-punk sound that was popular during that late 90's period. It made it distinct from previous forms of punk, and a welcome alternative to some of those post-grunge sounds that were going around.

You Are The Quarry is a spectacular album, Morrissey's big comeback. Owes a lot to how it was produced.

Back
Top Bottom