RIP Isaac Hayes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
Soul legend Isaac Hayes dies - CNN.com

Wow.

RIP.
Chef.650.jpg

No. No, no, no, no, no. He composed the greatest theme song of all-time:

B000000ZML.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

May he rest in peace.

I'm in shock. This is a tragedy. :sad:

Now I will go listen to Hot Buttered Soul and weep. He had one of the most soulful voices of all time.

R.I.P. Isaac Hayes

BBC NEWS | Americas | Soul icon Isaac Hayes dies at 65

Soul icon Isaac Hayes dies at 65

US singer-songwriter Isaac Hayes has died at his home in Memphis, Tennessee, at the age of 65, police said.

Many may know him nowadays as 'Chef' from South Park, but his legacy is his contribution to soul music. Hold On I'm Coming, Soul Man, I Thank You (all by soul duo Sam & Dave) are just a few of the classics he wrote (often together with David Porter). And then there's his solo stuff, where he blended soul music and jazz, with his excellent interpretations of Walk On By and By The Time I Get To Phoenix. And then there's his Theme From Shaft, making him the first black musician to recieve an Oscar.

Isaac Hayes, your legacy will live on. Thank you for the soul music. May you rest in peace. :sad:

man that sucks.

i don't want to sound insensitive or make light of the recent deaths of bernie mac and issac hayes, but they say death comes in three's.

man that sucks.

i don't want to sound insensitive or make light of the recent deaths of bernie mac and issac hayes, but they say death comes in three's.

Let's count the figurative bullet that Morgan Freeman dodged as the third one. :uhoh:

man that sucks.

Let's count the figurative bullet that Morgan Freeman dodged as the third one. :uhoh:

Bernie Mac did a fundraiser for Obama

and Issac Hayes was an Obama supporter, too.

And now Obama is in that big Hawaiian surf while he is on vacation.

Bernie Mac did a fundraiser for Obama

and Issac Hayes was an Obama supporter, too.

And now Obama is in that big Hawaiian surf while he is on vacation.

What are you suggesting here, Deep? That Obama is a bad swimmer?

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom