RIP - Gerry Rafferty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking I should have put up the Pulp Fiction* trailer with his music, so the youngsters will know who he is. (was)

*or Res Dogs scene

I was never a huge fan myself, but he has two really awesome songs, and that's two more than most of us.

RIP.

Baker Street is a great song. didn't know he was in the band that did Stuck in the Middle with You.

Baker Street is the song that Bleeding Gums Murphy plays with Lisa, no?

I'm absolutely stunned and terribly saddened.....such a loss for his family and for his fans. This song to me personifies the year 1978 - which was the greatest year EVER in terms of music - not to mention the fact that this song features one of the greatest saxophone solos of all time by the great Raphael Ravenscroft and a guitar solo by Hugh Burns.

I am listening to the CD "City to city" (and I still have the original vinyl record from 1978....) and saying a silent prayer of thanks for the great music he gave to us.

Goodbye Gerry - you will truly be missed.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this classic:

YouTube - Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street (R.I.P. january 4, 2011)

His three biggest and best known hits are probably considered his best (Stuck In The Middle With You, Baker Street, and Right Down The Line), but the entire City To City album is well worth checking out. One of those lost 70's classics.

A deeper cut, and a personal favorite:

YouTube - Gerry Rafferty Whatever's Written in your Heart

:heart: Excellent choice, phanan. City to City has been one my essentials for years. One of my favorite road trip albums. I'll definitely be listening to it for the next few days, in honor of Mr. Rafferty. Godspeed, Sir. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom