RIP Donna Summer....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
I can't believe I'm typing these words....one of my favorite artists of the 70's is gone - the great Diva Donna Summer.
I absolutely LOVED her music and her songs were the soundtrack to my youth in the late 70's.

With the deaths of Davey Jones, Jonathan Frid (from the original "Dark Shadows" TV show)....and now Donna Summer, I feel like little pieces of me are dying as well.....I'm so sad I can hardly express myself.

RIP Donna - I loved to love you and you will be sorely missed.

Disco queen Donna Summer dies at 63 - CNN.com

RIP Donna. Absolutely loved her '70's output, especially Winter Melody, 1 of my all time favourite tracks.

Sad day indeed. She was truly one of the greats.

This track was one of my favorites of all time:

Donna Summer I Feel Love - YouTube

You can still hear this in dance music today. Just awesome.

There's a version of this song that Bronski Beat and Marc Almond did that I really like. But the original is good stuff, too, definitely. And I like "Hot Stuff" a lot as well.

Sad to hear of her passing. May she rest in peace.

Sad day indeed. She was truly one of the greats.

This track was one of my favorites of all time:

Donna Summer I Feel Love - YouTube

You can still hear this in dance music today. Just awesome.
I was listening to this song on Youtube the other day trying to get a better idea of what she sounded like, as I only know like two of her songs. When I came across this one, I kind of had a hard time believing I was actually listening to the original song and not some recent remix. So, yeah, it does definitely still have some very current sounds going on in it, which is pretty cool, honestly.

Back
Top Bottom