RIP Adam Yauch/MCA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was a real nice touch by Coldplay. I really enjoyed the interpretation and the ending when he smiled and the whole crowd said "Beastie Boys" was pretty cool. Would have been great being there.

A little odd choice for a tribute to someone's passing...you gotta fight for your right to party ?!? :no:

cobl04 said:
I thought it was a real nice touch by Coldplay. I really enjoyed the interpretation and the ending when he smiled and the whole crowd said "Beastie Boys" was pretty cool. Would have been great being there.

Yeah the end was cool. I teared up a little.

I wonder how much space in my brain is being taken up by Paul's Boutique lyrics

Based on this listen I'm having right now...a whole fucking lot

I saw a live show, Beasties with Run DMC.
A lot of fun, they did not take themselves too seriously.

I have a friend that died from throat cancer. Another that is living with it. A lot of treatment. He has lost a lot of weight.
Anyways, these deaths may have been preventable.
Everyone should have a HPV vaccine when they are young. Before they are sexually active.

R.I.P Adam...

From Mike D on the Beastie's FB Page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.p...39327313944.104644.18279403944&type=1&theater
I know, we should have tweeted and instagrammed every sad, happy and inspired thought, smile or tear by now. But honestly the last few days have just been a blur of deep emotions for our closest friend, band mate and really brother. I miss Adam so much. He really served as a great example for myself and so many of what determination, faith, focus, and humility coupled with a sense of humor can acc...omplish. The world is in need of many more like him. We love you Adam. BTW this photo sent to me by a friend, (thanks Saslow) is just one awesome example of how NYC is such a unique place that amidst it's huge size and frenetic pace it really opens up it's heart in so many ways and on on so many levels in times like these. And though it makes me cry sometimes, it has been really amazing and moving to see.
Mike

As someone with a Beastie Boys-inspired nickname, I had to stop by this thread and pay my respects.

I heard that Adam Yauch had died as I was driving to get my first tattoo--a U2-related one. It made me remember that life is short. You have to live without regret. Smell the flowers while you can.

Rest in peace, Adam Yauch.

~Ma Bell

Guess I'm not ready not leave this alone yet — did always wish there was more connection established between U2 and the Beasties, esp considering how great each of them are at networking and building bridges. After a little more consideration, i guess that their links to Public Enemy and U2's performance at the Tibetan Freedom Concert in NYC in 1997 are probably the two strongest links.

Dug this up from youtube - Foo Fighters / Blur / Noel Gallagher / Bono / U2 Live at Tibetan Freedom Concert 1997 - YouTube

around 7:30: interesting to see Bono speak in 1997 about being in the Clinton White House around that time - it may have ben their first time there(?) and now he knows his way around very well..

thanks to the intereferencer that posted this from Thom Yorke:

I was very sad to hear the news of Adam Yauch's death yesterday.
We looked up to the Beastie Boys a lot when we were starting out and how they maintained artistic control making wicked records but still were on a major label, and the Tibetan Freedom Concerts they organized had a very big influence on me personally and the way Adam conducted himself and dealt with it all impressed me a lot. He was a mellow and v smart guy. May he rest in peace.

I kinda wish U2 had been on tour when we had to lose Adam Yauch. I'm a bit disappointed that he and/ or any of U2 haven't made any sort of statement.

Anyway, RIP Adam

Back
Top Bottom