Riot Fest 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
I went to this thing the past 2 years in Chicago and it's the best thing going.
such a fun, relaxed festival. Getting to see the Replacements was a fucking dream come true.

this new lineup is fucking rad.
its better than fucking boner-oo and coachsmellya and lollipoploozer all combined.

check it.

riot+fest+2014.jpg

Chicago Lineup | Riot Fest

The Cure Janes Addiction and Weezer it's like I'm in college again and everything's awesome.
Flaming lips? sure why not.
The National? All the kids love these guys.
Wu Tang? wow.
Tegan and sara, metric yup. CHEAP TRICK?! HOORAY!!
Patti Smith?! i'll take that.
what's this?

WHAT?!

fucking WELLER?!

ka-BLAMMO!!!

I'll read the rest tomorrow. so help me god if they mix it up with the skull punishing metal of someone like slayer or mastodon, the modern indie stylings of someone like of mice and men or kurt vile, and bring back some other old classic bastards like social distortion or fucking stiff little fingers or the buzzcocks, and mix in some shittty 90's emo like dashboard confessional or something, this might get even better. maybe some dirty bluesy 60's sounding nonsense like black joe lewis, and finally some great grunge or post grunge bs - like mud honey or failure. plus, you just know they're gonna have some of that popular modern punk like dropkick murphys or the dropkick murphys. they'll probably even make the boss tones toot their tooters once again. they have shit like that every year. it's fun to watch bands play in the sunshine with a hot dog and a beer.

it's too bad they have shit like the flaming lips and wu tang on this festival, because it has a pretty nice bunch of bands on it.

maybe i read that wrong, but if you're actually talking shit about SLF while expressing excitement for cheap trick, you're a fucking idiot.

the guy who started the thread. i'm pretty baffled by what that paragraph at the bottom of his post is all about.

This lineup is about as good as always, only they sold out and got a bunch of indie bands so now the internet finally notices the festival exists.

I'd gladly go if I were still living there in four months, but I won't be.

maybe i read that wrong, but if you're actually talking shit about SLF while expressing excitement for cheap trick, you're a fucking idiot.

Simmer down, dude. SLF are great. So is Cheap Trick, and I'm obviously an fucking idiot for thinking I could have a little fun around here.

The lineup looks better every time I look through it. Really looking forward to this. Is that clear enough?

:|

wouldn't care about the weezer album, but the rest of that? dammit.

these are the bands on there i would want to see. this is a long ass list.

the national
social d
samhain
descendents
patti smith
paul weller
naked raygun
cock sparrer
billy bragg
lucero
say anything
mighty mighty bosstones
murder city devil
mudhoney
get up kids
streetlight manifesto
buzzcocks
bouncing souls
SLF
face to face
kurt vile
wavves
all
title fight
samiam
7 seconds
the menzingers
i am the avalanche
plague vendor

these are the bands on there i would want to see. this is a long ass list.

the national
social d
samhain
descendents
patti smith
paul weller
naked raygun
cock sparrer
billy bragg
lucero
say anything
mighty mighty bosstones
murder city devil
mudhoney
get up kids
streetlight manifesto
buzzcocks
bouncing souls
SLF
face to face
kurt vile
wavves
all
title fight
samiam
7 seconds
the menzingers
i am the avalanche
plague vendor

You're missing someone VERY important.

3800a2a3.png

I just listened to Get Up Kids, then Saves The Day, and now Satanicide. It's like it's 2001 all over again.

Samhain a good band? I should check them out. I like the name. Very TRUE BLOOD sounding name. :wink:

I love this lineup. I'm going to this festival over my birthday weekend this year. Most pumped for THE NASH, Flaming Lips (don't love them as much as I used to but have still never seen them live and would flip out if they play Race For The Prize), Wu-Tang, Tegan and Sara, and Patti fucking Smith.

It's going to cost me a lot to go to this, but I'll make it happen. And save enough to buy GAF a birthday beer.

If you like Danzig, yes.

Went through a quick phase maybe four years ago where I listened to a little bit of Danzig and Misfits. Can't say I remember more than a handful of songs. I appreciate his angle more than I appreciate his music, I guess.

I honestly never knew he was in another band.

Back
Top Bottom