Rihanna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont mind her, but I love the vids for Disturbia and Take A Bow.

oh and Take a Bow remix, fuk, cant remember whose mix but it was so fuking awesome!!!!!!!!!!

ya good song, but clearly only if you want to grind yourself on a boy in a 'you want this body?' type manner.......................:shifty:

"Rude Boy" is smut-pop of the highest order. "Umbrella" is still one of my favorite pop songs ever. So yeah, it's fair to say I like Rihanna.

Her songs are catchy and stay in my head all day. Not a 'fan' but she's ok. I think I first paid attention to her when she released Umbrella ella ella. I never knew she sang 'Dont stop the music' and I had heard it a million times.

And that vid you posted seems sooooooooooo slow to me. I've only heard it sped up/remixed as I listen to house/dance/trance a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvE3sXRaAl4

She's gorgeous.

Umbrella is one of the best tunes of the last 10 years or so, but Taylor's acoustic cover is better.

Take A Bow is great, but Lea Michele's version is better.

That's about all I've got to type about Rihanna at the moment.

Her last album was absolutely awful, but still managed to have a handful of singles I enjoyed.

I do love the Rihanna.

I was late to the Umbrella train, but I finally got it. There are a few of her other songs that are okay, but I'm mostly "meh" about her music. I don't think she's much of a singer.

But I like her - she seems a little out there, not so cookie cutter, does what she wants, gives herself weird hair and does her own thing. And plus, she did end up dumping that fucktard.

I've enjoyed her music since first hearing S.O.S., and Good Girl Gone Bad kind of confirmed my suspicions that she had more talent than the av-er-age pop singer (or, rather, she enlists better songwriters). I hate Rated R, but I intend to see her live soon, and she's not overloading the setlists with it.

She was one of the many openers for Kanye a year or two back. When she had "wardrobe changes", every guy in the place stopped what they were doing to stare at the stage. It was pretty funny.

I love Rihanna and her music. She has a great voive and I agree with the comment about Umbrella.

I'm not interested much in Rihanna, but I like some her songs, Rescue me/SOS, Pon de replay, most of all I love Rehab. Also, not long ago I loved Russian Roulette and Te amo, though I don't like the image she has now.

I heard that she is called sometimes... no, she, as I remember, said that she wanted to be like Madonna. I think if she wants, she must work very much. I saw some parts from her show "Good girl gone bad" - I was bored. Maybe, I'm a fool, but I haven't been excited.

By the way, did you know the fact that "Umbrella" could be Britney Spears' song?

She's gorgeous.

:up: INCREDIBLE body...

Rude Boy is awesome, wasn't really into it that much at first, but when you hear it out clubbing, it's a mover. It's like when Disturbia traditionally became a cue for me and some of my lads to (try) tear it up on the D Floor (and hence risk getting kicked out and minimising our hopes of pashing on with someone)

It's like Taio Cruz and Jason DeRulo really only seem to sound good in nightclubs.

Though Umbrella and Disturbia are seemingly enjoyable all the time

:up: INCREDIBLE body...

Rude Boy is awesome, wasn't really into it that much at first, but when you hear it out clubbing, it's a mover. It's like when Disturbia traditionally became a cue for me and some of my lads to (try) tear it up on the D Floor (and hence risk getting kicked out and minimising our hopes of pashing on with someone)

It's like Taio Cruz and Jason DeRulo really only seem to sound good in nightclubs.

Though Umbrella and Disturbia are seemingly enjoyable all the time

:up: i dance like a retard to songs that i would never listen to outside of a club.

I like every single she's released from "Umbrella" on. "Disturbia" is one of the best pop tracks of the decade, I think. And "Rude Boy" has a great beat. "Rockstar 101" is my jam, though. After 4 shots and a couple drinks, I danced onstage in front of the whole bar to it awhile back.:lol: I've downloaded a few songs that will get me dancing in a club/bar onto my iPod for my own personal enjoyment lately.:shifty:
OMG :love::love::love: -Usher and Will.I.Am.
I Gotta Feelin'-Black Eyed Peas
In My Head and Ridin' Solo-Jason Derulo
Right Round-Flo Rida
I Like It-Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull

Shame on me.

She's hyping the hell out of this album, trying not to get my expectations up after Rated R

That opening really startled me, I thought it was the wind outside again and I was like, "That sounds awfully close" :p.

That song sounds so much like the sort of thing I would've loved as a teenager. Not something I'd probably listen to on a regular everyday basis, necessarily, but I'd dance to it at a club, definitely. I like a few of Rihanna's songs as well, she's had some incredibly catchy ones in recent years.

Angela

This new song... Beautiful video, beautiful photography work, but nothing else. No script, no idea. And the song is bland and uninteresting.

But... I have to say that Rated R was a good surprise to me. Am I the only one to think that the album was very well produced and that it did bring some interesting funky vibes? I got myself addicted to "Rude Boy" and to "Hard" sometimes...

Besides that, I think Rihanna hasn't got a great artistic value. "Umbrella" still is a great track and a future classic, but besides that... :|

Surprised I never posted in this thread again after I heard the new album. Anyways, it's not as good as Good Girl Gone Bad just because the singles on that one (well the re-release anyways) are so freaking good. But all around, this is probably her best album.

And this fucking song, holy shit do I love this bastard:

YouTube - Rihanna - Cheers (Drink to That) - ft. Avril Lavigne

can't wait for that single to come out.

Pitchfork randomly thinks this is her best album. I'm mystified by that when GGGB exists, but Loud is fun. I love all the singles so far (her greatest hits is going to be some hot shit), and Nicki Minaj's verse in Raining Men amuses me to no end.

YouTube - Rihanna - Man Down (LOUD Album)

I'm in love with this song!
This is miles better than the crappy first single "Only Girl (In The World)".
Interesting too are the live versions of "What's My Name?" like this one...

YouTube - Rihanna - What's My Name (Live) NYC @ Times Square

I wasn't impressed when I heard the first single, but now that I heard these tracks, I have a better impression.
I was already impressed with some Rated R like "Hard" and "Rude Boy" that seem to have some interesting and yet catchy soundscapes.

Back
Top Bottom