Regina Spektor - Far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
New Regina album! June 23rd.

Reginaspektorfarcover.jpg

Sire Records and Regina Spektor are very proud to announce the release of FAR; the highly anticipated follow up to Spektor's gold album BEGIN TO HOPE. Set for a June 23rd release, FAR continues to reveal new layers in Spektor's songwriting as she pursues the next level in her inimitable musical style. With her uninhibited imagination and her hands on approach in the studio, FAR not only succeeds with 13 impressive and accessible tracks, but it spotlights Spektor's remarkable gift to craft intelligent and refreshingly honest odes to life. Four exceptional producers collaborated with Spektor on FAR: Jeff Lynne (ELO, The Traveling Wilburys), Mike Elizondo (Dr. Dre, Eminem), David Kahne (Paul McCartney, The Strokes) and Garret "Jacknife" Lee (Weezer, REM).

Captivating audiences with songs that are distinctively her own, BEGIN TO HOPE, allowed Spektor to go from hypnotizing small crowds to selling out 3,000 capacity venues worldwide with what Rolling Stone praised as "one of the most intensely joyful rock shows we've seen." BEGIN TO HOPE also spent 5 weeks in a row at #1 on the Billboard new artists chart before moving to #20 on the Billboard Top 100 and selling 1 million copies worldwide (Gold or Platinum in 7 countries).

Spektor's ability to explore rich soundscapes and combine them with her evocative and intricately structured melodies and lyrics has grown tremendously on FAR. From the gripping lyrics of the first single LAUGHING WITH to the intoxicating beat of THE CALCULATION, from the multilayered vocal work on BLUE LIPS to the rocking EET, FAR is the work of a talented, daring and important artist.

Spektor will tour the world beginning in June. Tour dates to be announced soon.

What do you think? Let's talk about this. And then when the album comes out we can talk about how amazing the songs are. And after that we can all talk about how awesome it was when we saw her live in concert.

I love her other two albums, but I can't remember the last time I listened to anything from either of them. I may have to change that sometime soon.

:hyper:

This is really good news. June is turning out to be a great month with new Wilco and new Regina Spektor.

I have such a huge crush on her, though I only own Soviet Kitsch... :reject:

Soviet Kitsch is great. But you really should check out Begin To Hope. It was kind of her commercial breakthrough I guess and is an amazing album.

No one laughs at God in a hospital
No one laughs at God in a war
No one's laughin at God when they're starving or freezing or so very poor
No one laughs at God when the doctor calls after some routine tests
No one's laughin at God when it's gotten real late and their kid's not back from that party yet
No one laughs at God when their airplane starts to uncontrollably shake
No one's laughin at God when they see the one they love hand in hand with someone else and they hope that they're mistaken
No one laughs at God when the cops knock on their door and they say "We got some bad news, sir"
No one's laughin at God when there's a famine, fire, or flood

But God can be funny
When at a cocktail party listening to a good God-themed joke
Or when the crazies say "He hates us" and they get so red in the head you think they're 'bout to choke
God can be funny when told he'll give you the money if you just pray the right way
And when presented like a genie who does magic like Houdini or grants wishes like Jiminy Cricket and Santa Claus
God can be so hilarious
Ha ha
Ha ha

No one laughs at God when they've lost all they got and they don't know what for
No one laughs at God on the day they realize the last sight they'll ever see is a pair of hateful eyes
No one's laughin at God when they're sayin their goodbyes

But God can be funny
When at a cocktail party listening to a good God-themed joke
Or when the crazies say "He hates us" and they get so red in the head you think they're 'bout to choke
God can be funny when told he'll give you the money if you just pray the right way
And when presented like a genie who does magic like Houdini or grants wishes like Jiminy Cricket and Santa Claus
God can be so hilarious

No one laughing at God in a hospital
No one's laughing at God in a war
No one's laughin at God when they're starving or freezing or so very poor

No one's laughing at God
No one's laughing at God
No one's laughing at God
We're all laughing with God.

Begin has great songs, but I don't think it even can hold Soviet Kitsch's jock.

I think "Laughing With" is gorgeous and bit of a new direction for her. The arrangement is lovely. I could listen to this girl sing all day.

I'm going to keep bumping this even though nobody cares. There's a new video for a new song. It's called "Eet" and I think it's the best song I've ever heard. You should seriously watch eet.

It's not that I don't care. I really do. I adore Regina. I just like listening to albums straight through when I can. While all these songs floating around now certainly is tempting, I'd rather have the entire thing and make a run through it. I've heard "Laughing With," though, and I do love it.

Let me first of say that I like Eet.

Now let me blaspheme and say that something about it reminds me of Vanessa Carlton. :huh:

Better it remind you of Vanessa Carlton than Vanessa Hudgens. Unless you're GAF.

I'm surprised this album hasn't showed up on any less than reputable interwebs sites yet.

Just finished listening to Soviet Kitsch, probably on the third time since I purchased it. I'm enjoying it a lot more now, and will be on the look out for Begin to Hope. "Laughing With" is good, so this will probably be an eventual purchase.

She has such a lovely voice. And I tend to fall in love hard with quirks, of which she has many.

Just got this yesterday and after two listens I am incredibly bored. It's a shame too because I adore her. Hope you guys like it more than I did...

Just got this yesterday and after two listens I am incredibly bored. It's a shame too because I adore her. Hope you guys like it more than I did...

That's too bad, EP.

I don't know, I've heard five tracks off the album. Laughing With, Blue Lips, Folding Chair, Dance Anthem of the 80s, and Eet. I dig all five of those songs...they've each got their own distinct style (especially Dance Anthem. That song is nutz) and I think they stand up pretty well to her stuff. So I pretty much like the album already even though I've heard less than half of it. If that makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom