Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Listened to the first half on my way to work this morning.
It all sounds good, but so far lacks a track that would be even anywhere near second tier best RHCP songs.

Listened to the first half on my way to work this morning.
It all sounds good, but so far lacks a track that would be even anywhere near second tier best RHCP songs.

I kinda predict that album would've turn out that way from listening to first 2 teaser tracks

Incredibly, this 53 minute album is their shortest in 27 years.

Ridiculously overlong albums have been a flaw for this band for ages.

Second half is so-so. It gets all piano-y at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

How would you rate it against I'm With You? I haven't gotten it yet, I'll probably grab it over the weekend.

The Chili Peppers are weird for me in that if I don't find something to like in a song in the first two or so listens, I'll skip it forever. Ethiopia, Annie Wants a Baby and Factory of Faith and Look Around I go out of my way to skip.

C'mon Girl, If, Animal Bar, and So Much I- I don't remember anything about them lol.

How would you rate it against I'm With You? I haven't gotten it yet, I'll probably grab it over the weekend.

The Chili Peppers are weird for me in that if I don't find something to like in a song in the first two or so listens, I'll skip it forever. Ethiopia, Annie Wants a Baby and Factory of Faith and Look Around I go out of my way to skip.

C'mon Girl, If, Animal Bar, and So Much I- I don't remember anything about them lol.

I totally skipped out on I'm With You. I just got burnt out on them around that time. I'll have to give it a listen.

Listened to it twice now and I must say there isn't a bad song on this album,but there isn't a massive standout song either. At this stage it's a solid 7 from me.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using U2 Interference mobile app

The last 7 albums have had enough b sides and released songs later on by the band to make them all double albums . And stadium arcadium almost a triple cd. So lets see if this really is the shortest album lol.

I like the album, I feel they just keep building on the template of BSSM. Taking out the dave narravo one hot minute (a album I really liked, but is a topic of hot debate among peppers fans, similar to our "pop" saga) the last 6 out of 7 albums are just them evolving off what they built. Adding something here and there. I never felt they ever did a full blown actung baby reinvention thing. The change from mothers milk to bssm was proly the most important step They really have developed a sound all their own.

Detroit is terrible IMO. Nothing about that song works for me.

But yeah, it's pretty consistent. It's a very nice, musically focused album. My issue is, as always, with Kiedis' lyrics and how they relate to the music. The song about slapping va robot's ass...you can't make this shit up.

Last edited:
I don't even know if I'll listen to it. I just expect it to be decent but add nothing to my life. I don't have time for that shit. Unless I'm gonna LOVE a RHCP album, what's the point?

I've played the album through about 3 times this morning, listening VERY passively while getting work done. I don't know what songs are what yet, but so far not bad. I picked up on some nice flourishes of greatness but also quite a bit of bland filler.

so i just listened to dark necessities for the first time...this is a u2 song with a better bass player. :eyebrow:

Being on a U2 forum the standard assumption is that this is a good thing. :wink:

I don't mind the song. Haven't listened to the album yet.

didn't say it wasn't. i'll have to hear it a couple more times before i formulate an opinion considering i was drunk last night.

Not even the lyrics of If God Would Send His Angels are as poor as Dark Necessity's though

I heard Kiedis say in an interview that the record company/producers were pushing for "Go Robot" to be the lead single, he was pushing for "The Getaway", and the rest of the band wanted "Dark Necessities"

I think they got it right out of those three choices.

Go Robot has a sweet musical bed. But the lyrics are a crappy comforter laid on top.

Still listening to this album,dark necessities we turn red and go robot are my stand outs. Love this album. Soundtrack to my summer.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using U2 Interference mobile app

I hated how album sounded but when they perform these songs live, they do sound decent. is that what they went for?

Back
Top Bottom