Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the new single, probably better than most of I'm With You(thought I haven't listened to that record too much).

I hope they can find a way to be great again without John.

I really liked their last album, I'm With You. This new song sounds promising. Dug the guitar solo towards the end. Kind of funny that on the Limited Edition they're offering a cassette single. Who has a cassette player anymore?

I barely heard any guitar on the new single. But since it's not John F. I don't mind I guess. It's interesting, for them. Definitely have broke the pattern of sounding the same for the last 15 years by using Dangermouse.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I heard it on the radio and I was paying attention to the song since they worked with danger mouse, so don't know if it's because I'm not a fan but I thought that it was pleasant but boring :shrug:

thatsthejoke.jpg

I loved the track but i feel like Anthony's voice isn't really best for RHCP's sound anymore

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I loved the track but i feel like Anthony's voice isn't really best for RHCP's sound anymore

This is sort of confusing. Anthony Kiedis IS RHCP. So is Flea, of course. But, how can a band honestly replace their lead singer? Especially when that band doesn't even have all of its founding members?

That'd be like blink-182 with Matt Skiba instead of Tom DeLonge. Almost a cover band at that point, when the lyrics are all coming out sounding different.

Exactly! RHCP should just kick it old school and recruit a new lead singer from a RHCP tribute band.

Seriously, though, RHCP are a vibe, a spirit, a belief, etc. And that means Anthony, Flea, Chad, and... (insert guitarist :wink:). Josh is doing just fine. He fits right in.

You should try out!

Red Hot Chili Mack

First single: Random Thoughts

I'm surprised that you guys like Josh. Not that I hate him but most guys online tend to write pretty shitty things for him

I'm surprised that you guys like Josh. Not that I hate him but most guys online tend to write pretty shitty things for him

John bowed out. He was and is a legend. There was no scandal, there was no animosity. Hard to dislike his replacement, and harder to expect anything amazing of him.

The new Blink is really just +44 mkII.

The song is fine, but it shouldn't be called Blink.

Re RHCP - this track is infinitely more promising than anything on I'm With You. I like it.

I do kind of enjoy the new RHCP track more than any of their other material released the past ten years.

Back
Top Bottom