Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They would be a better band if they were an instrumental group.:down:

Anthony Kiedis is a knuckle-dragging neanderthal who should be thrown into a room with Henry Rollins and a fucking hand grenade.

They would be a better band if they were an instrumental group.:down:

Anthony Kiedis is a knuckle-dragging neanderthal who should be thrown into a room with Henry Rollins and a fucking hand grenade.

Guess you had to get your troll. Oh well.

Guess this is as good a time as any for my annual "I saw Chad, John, Flea on trumpet and Josh on keys do a 30-minute improv jam session and it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen" post.

Tons, but I'm really happy that I finally got to see them back in 2012. That was a long time coming, for me.

That's great! I got to see them back in 2000 when they toured with STP. Hopefully it ain't snowing while they perform during Halftime. :wink:

They'll just sing "Snow", in that case, which is a win/win for me :wink:

That would have been a great gig, for me. As it was, seeing them at Lolla was so cool. There were so many fans there, great response and they played a great set.

They'll just sing "Snow", in that case, which is a win/win for me :wink:

That would have been a great gig, for me. As it was, seeing them at Lolla was so cool. There were so many fans there, great response and they played a great set.

I can't believe I didn't think of Snow. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a snippet of that.

The one-disc version of Stadium Arcadium that I keep around is basically my favorite RHCP joint.

That's awesome! Are they playing in PR?

Yeah, they are playing here on April 6th. They are playing some festivals in South America the week before, so the biggest (not to mention greediest) promoter in the island was lucky to snatch them.

He said that the RHCP were his favorite band, so as a result, he jacked up the ticket prices. I mean, a price range of $65 to $175 is probably a bit too much for a band that only charges $60, maybe $70 for their shows. :doh: Either way, I got my ticket.

Yeah, they are playing here on April 6th. They are playing some festivals in South America the week before, so the biggest (not to mention greediest) promoter in the island was lucky to snatch them.

He said that the RHCP were his favorite band, so as a result, he jacked up the ticket prices. I mean, a price range of $65 to $175 is probably a bit too much for a band that only charges $60, maybe $70 for their shows. :doh: Either way, I got my ticket.

Damn, if they were his favorite band, he should have charged LESS for them. :doh:

I'm a bit skeptical that being somebody's favorite band had any influence on setting the price.

So I just got back from seeing them live. It was my very first RHCP concert, and it was one hell of a show!

Can't Stop
Dani California
Otherside
Look Around
Throw Away Your Television
Snow (Hey Oh)
The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
I Like Dirt
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Hard to Concentrate
Ethiopia
Under the Bridge
Californication
By the Way
---
Around the World
Meet Me at the Corner
Give It Away
Red Hot Chili Peppers Concert Setlist at Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot, San Juan on April 6, 2014 | setlist.fm

• I was just amazed at how much energy they had throughout the 105-110 minute show. They were jumping and dancing all over the place, and I loved how they were jamming after each song.
  • Flea and Chad...wow, they sure can play the hell out of their instruments. Josh was pretty good, I was impressed (he did miss some solos in some of the songs, though)
  • Flea and Chad were the only band members who really interacted with the crowd, while Anthony said a few words every now and then. You could tell they were really loving the audience - it was wild!
  • Around 12,000 tickets were sold - that's around 85-90% of the capacity for concerts in a 180 degree configuration at this venue. The show didn't sell out due to the ticket prices ($65, $75, $95, $150 & $175). The fans who had seats on the left and right sides of the upper level ($75) were upgraded to the lower level ($150/$175) because the promoter decided to block off those sections.

To conclude my informal review, this show ranks in my Top 5. I would to definitely pay to see them again.

Anybody listened to john frusciantes new album? Only gave it the one listing so far,but it seems very good!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using U2 Interference mobile app

So I just got back from seeing them live. It was my very first RHCP concert, and it was one hell of a show!

Red Hot Chili Peppers Concert Setlist at Coliseo de Puerto Rico José Miguel Agrelot, San Juan on April 6, 2014 | setlist.fm
  • I was just amazed at how much energy they had throughout the 105-110 minute show. They were jumping and dancing all over the place, and I loved how they were jamming after each song.

• Flea and Chad...wow, they sure can play the hell out of their instruments. Josh was pretty good, I was impressed (he did miss some solos in some of the songs, though)

• Flea and Chad were the only band members who really interacted with the crowd, while Anthony said a few words every now and then. You could tell they were really loving the audience - it was wild!

• Around 12,000 tickets were sold - that's around 85-90% of the capacity for concerts in a 180 degree configuration at this venue. The show didn't sell out due to the ticket prices ($65, $75, $95, $150 & $175). The fans who had seats on the left and right sides of the upper level ($75) were upgraded to the lower level ($150/$175) because the promoter decided to block off those sections.

To conclude my informal review, this show ranks in my Top 5. I would to definitely pay to see them again.

Final show of the tour. Congrats!

I am surprisingly looking forward for this album. I mean, if it's not produced by Rick Rubin, it's a good sign

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom