Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LuckyNumber7 said:
Sounds like it's a good album but it's lacking depth up front...

If we're just throwing out guesses here, I can determine that it probably sucks by the band alone.

Regardless, I'll try it tomorrow sometime.

If we're just throwing out guesses here, I can determine that it probably sucks by the band alone.

Regardless, I'll try it tomorrow sometime.

Guesses? Let me rephrase so you understand what I was saying...

According to all of the reviews and what I've heard people saying about the album, it lacks a clear definite best one or two songs.

Egh. The production of that video is like... awful.

The vocals don't even look like they match up to the video. And that song does not rock the way they're dancing to it. They look like a bunch of idiots on a rooftop.

LOL, you read the transcript of what I was saying in my head during my first view of the video.

That being said, I think it's a pretty damn good song.

Picked up the new album on Tuesday. I've listened to it twice already. Pretty good so far. I've got a road trip coming up soon, so it'll get some more plays. It's also prompting me to go back and give Stadium Arcadium another listen.

Funny side note:

If you go to the band's website to buy a tee shirt, they bang you for 30 bucks a pop. Even for a generic Chilis shirt with just their old school logo on the front. That same shirt can actually be picked up in Best Buy of all places for 16 bucks. How 'bout that shit? :huh:

One of my local radio stations is doing its best to char broil and incinerate any good will towards the Chili Peppers I have- I looked over today's playlist they're averaging about one RHCP song every hour.

And ok, Rain Dance Maggie, new album, whatever. But they're using this as an excuse to play Snow, Can't Stop, and Under the Bridge- the exact same songs the station normally played, only this time cranked up even more often. Graaaaaah

My favorites on the album:

Monarchy of Roses
Brendan's Death Song
Annie Wants A Baby
Did I Let You Know

Enjoying this album more than Stadium Arcadium.

I was annoyed with 'Ethiopia' E-I-O-I-E-I-A after few listens, but now I'm digging the chorus on that one too.

One of my local radio stations is doing its best to char broil and incinerate any good will towards the Chili Peppers I have- I looked over today's playlist they're averaging about one RHCP song every hour.

I'm sorry. Thats why I gave up on radio a long time ago. Lets just hope they don't get any copies of Nirvana's 'Nevermind' in the next while.

I'm sorry. Thats why I gave up on radio a long time ago. Lets just hope they don't get any copies of Nirvana's 'Nevermind' in the next while.

they are also ruining Nirvana! it's a Seattle station, so..... :uhoh: actually anything from Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kings of Leon (Use Somebody!) and Pumped Up Kicks has been far overplayed. typing this out I now feel like a moron for even listening, they've always been pretty terrible at song variety. it's not even so much that they play certain bands a lot, if they just played Hump de Bump instead of Snow every once in a while that'd be great.

I've gotta go cold turkey

I actually really like this album. I really can see what the new guy brings to the table sonically and musically. This album has made me go back and listen to BSSM, Californication, By the way and Stadium Arcadium this past week. Such great albums, I forgot how much I enjoyed them!

Going to give One Hot Minute a listen next week. I always dismissed it before b/c it had no Frusciante so I didn't consider it to be "cannon", but now I see that JF doesn't exactly make or break the RHCP.

BTW, I am aware that the RHCP made 3 albums before Frusciante, but I just can't wrap my head around those records.

Red Hot Chili Peppers = Opening Night Live Coverage

Hello guys,

My name is Jaime Rodriguez and although I've been an Interference.com writing contributor for two years, this is the first time I post on the message boards.

This Sunday (September 11th) I'll be in Bogota, Colombia covering opening night of the Red Hot Chili Peppers world tour 2011-2012 for Interference.

Its the first official gig for the Peppers in nearly 5 years, and being on September 11th, it promises to be special.

Feel free to follow my twitter feed (@JaimeARodriguez) for live tweets on Sunday, and Interference.com will have the show review + pics next week.

Thanks for your support U2 fans. I will drown my 360 Tour sorrows with some Chili Peppers.

Not a bad album at all, but not a great one either. It's at least three or four tracks too long, littered with ill-advised genre exercises that go nowhere (Even You Brutus sounds like some shitty This Love cover), and Anthony Kiedis is awful at everything. On the other hand, I really like their newfound emphasis on Flea's bass grooves and I think Will Ferrell is on his game too. It's also not as boring as usual. I barely noticed the new guy was there, for better or worse.

Probably a 3/5.

I think every RHCP album has achieved 'at least three or four tracks too long'.

To this point they still haven't gotten the point that filler crap isn't necessary.

Although to be honest this seems like it's got the least filler crap out of any RHCP album I've ever listened to.

Not a bad album at all, but not a great one either. It's at least three or four tracks too long, littered with ill-advised genre exercises that go nowhere (Even You Brutus sounds like some shitty This Love cover), and Anthony Kiedis is awful at everything. On the other hand, I really like their newfound emphasis on Flea's bass grooves and I think Will Ferrell is on his game too. It's also not as boring as usual. I barely noticed the new guy was there, for better or worse.

Probably a 3/5.

Will Ferrell? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom