Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chad-smith-will-ferrell-twins-look-a-like-comparison6.jpg

Monarchy of roses reminds me of bowies "station to station". Brendens death song ironically sounds a bit like a john fru solo song. I think the albums pretty solid . They have gotten so far away from BSSM (nevermind the 80's), into the style only hinted at on bssm but taken further and further away on cali and onward. Makes you wonder if one day thier gonna do a "back to roots" album. Its a cliche used time and time again, but rhcp are due at some point. Dance dance dance has a bit of clash/sanadista rhythm going on. One hot minute is rhcp's "pop".

This album is so goddamn long. It's probably only 50 minutes, but I feel like I just burned my whole afternoon.

It clocks in at nearly 60 minutes. After repeated listens, I think it's their best work since Californication. Maybe you can give it another listen. Although, if you consider 50 minutes long, I'm sure an hour might appear to be an eternity. :wink:

Length of an album has nothing to do with the minutes, that's my point. It's about filler tracks and redundant sound. It's about how much of a pain in the ass it feels to listen to the whole thing.

Another Classic Peef explanation. :applaud:
He's right though. I haven't even tried to listen to this album after hearing it once on iTunes. The album seemed to last for ages. Then I saw Stadium Arcadium is 2 hours long.

He's right though. I haven't even tried to listen to this album after hearing it once on iTunes. The album seemed to last for ages. Then I saw Stadium Arcadium is 2 hours long.

Lol! SA is a double album. I still kick it old school and listen to cd's. My girlfriend lives about an hour away and every time I drive to her house, I listen to IWY. I've been doing this since the album came out on 8/30, so I've listened to it a number of times. I guess since I'm in my car and driving, the album seems to play through quite quickly and I like all of the songs with a number of them really standing out like Police Station, The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie, Look Around, Did I Let You Know, Ethiopia, Brendan's Death Song, Goodbye Hooray and Monarchy of Roses. I usually play it right through and don't skip anything. I've been a Chili fan since Mother's Milk and they've definitely had albums with "filler", but this album seemed to flow pretty well.

Length of an album has nothing to do with the minutes, that's my point. It's about filler tracks and redundant sound. It's about how much of a pain in the ass it feels to listen to the whole thing.

I couldn't agree more. That's the story of just about every Red Hot Chili Peppers album. I'm a big fan of half of each of their albums, and I despise the rest of the shit. It does make it a pain in the ass to listen to the whole thing.

Although, I think this album in particular lacks phenomenal tracks like ones in the past from RHCP but has a little bit more full length listening power than the other RHCP albums. Or that could just be because I haven't listened to it enough, who knows.

I still don't get what the rave is about Brendan's Death Song though.

Kiedis pulls a Bono and postpones the tour through surgery just 3 weeks before they hit up my home.

Thankfully, it's only postponed until March.

Kiedis pulls a Bono and postpones the tour through surgery just 3 weeks before they hit up my home.

Thankfully, it's only postponed until March.

If he were pulling a Bono, he'd be close to paralysis, fly to another country to get the surgery and postpone the tour for a year. :wink:

Just sayin' :wave:

If he were pulling a Bono, he'd be close to paralysis, fly to another country to get the surgery and postpone the tour for a year. :wink:

Just sayin' :wave:

And it wasn't back surgery! Oh cmon lol.

But yes, I'm happy that it moved from a Monday to a Thursday for me. Now I don't have to skip class.

Our show was postponed 6 months. Like trojanchick, I'm happy my show was moved from a Sunday night to a Saturday one. But I still dislike the delay...

Back
Top Bottom