Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So apparently there was another thread. Why does the search draw so many results not related to the title?

I searched 'Peppers' in titles only, in this forum only, and got at least 3 Chili Pepper threads. I just merged them all together.

I had help.

chris-hansen-007.jpg

Little do you know, that silenced pistol shoots pedophile-attracting pheromone. That's how he's so successful at what he does.

Red Hot Chili Peppers name release date for new album 'I'm With You'

Red Hot Chili Peppers will release their 10th studio album 'I'm With You' on August 29, they have now confirmed.

There had been speculation that the LP, which is the follow-up to 2006's double album 'Stadium Arcadium', would be titled 'Dr Johnny Skinz's Disproportionately Rambunctious Polar Express Machine-head' - a title inspired by an acid trip a friend of singer Anthony Kiedis once had, but the California quartet have clearly thought better of it.

The album, which has been produced by frequent collaborator Rick Rubin, will be preceded by a single, which is titled 'The Adventures Of Raindance Maggie' and will be released on July 18.

I for one cant wait!:heart:

I'll listen out of curiosity, but Stadium Arcadium was three or four good songs spread over two albums, and the best part of the group is no longer with them.

I liked quite a few of the songs off Stadium Arcadium, although I think if they had cut it down to one disc, it would be a much more solid album.

But this is the reason I'm not very excited for this new album:

the best part of the group is no longer with them.

Like you, I will listen curiously to what Post-Frusicante RHCP sounds like, but I don't have high expectations going in.

Anyone else really love like half the tracks on By the Way? Zephyr Song, Can't Stop, Don't Forget Me, Venice Queen, Dosed, a few others I'm forgetting.

What the fuck happened to the title? This new title makes the album sound like Sting covering a Rod Stewart covers album.

the best part of the group is no longer with them.

I find this quote eveywhere, but I am slightly interested to see how will this work out with Klinghoffer, since I for one disliked Frusciante's growing influence in the band post-Californication. Parts of By the Way and Stadium Arcadium were practically unlistenable to me, resulting in some of the worst songs by any big rock band I ever heard. Some of those were even singles.

There was a sense of unique funky playfulness in early RHCP records that are sorely missing in the last three albums. Since then, it's like they've taken themselves way too seriously, while Flea and especially Kiedis (trying to more of a singer and serious lyricist and failing miserably) simply do not work in this format.

I may be also in the minority in saying that One Hot Minute was a great record, better than anything that came afterwards. I still think this is going to be crap (my God the title), but the notion of the band continuing with a new guitarist might not be such a bad idea at this point. The band had reached a Frusciante overload. To his credit, the first two records he did with the band are by far their best and will probably never be matched.

I'm not sure how you can say he had a growing influence, as he was working on his own albums at the time which had a much different sound anyway. I'm pretty sure his influence was decreasing on Stadium Arcadium, which was written during a period in which he wrote like six solo albums.

And anyway, Klinghoffer only got involved in the band because he was working with Frusciante on those solo albums:

YouTube - ‪John Frusciante - Omission‬‏

He's not exactly going to bring back the sound you heard on earlier RHCP albums.

I had little use for this band until Californiacation and By the Way. Both albums sound like they hired a better singer who sounded a lot like Kiedis. I really love both albums. If these albums were of appeal to me due to Frusciante's influence, then that's fine with me. Stadium Arcadium, as was said earlier, had 4-5 songs I liked a lot bracketed by stuff I couldn't really stand.

So, yeah, I'll check the new one out but I'm not expecting to really dig it. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

I'm not sure how you can say he had a growing influence, as he was working on his own albums at the time which had a much different sound anyway. I'm pretty sure his influence was decreasing on Stadium Arcadium, which was written during a period in which he wrote like six solo albums.

He's not exactly going to bring back the sound you heard on earlier RHCP albums.

Why would his solo career have any influence on whether his role increased or decreased in the band? Frusciante is a very prolific musician, his solo albums were a different beast than RHCP albums, it's not like he was creatively spent while working with the band. Quite the opposite.

He basically wrote all of By the Way on his own (apart from Kiedis writing the lyrics). Flea stated that he was frustrated by his lack of creative input on that one. So you could say Stadium Arcadium had a bit more balance to it, but that record is nevertheless full of Frusciante. In a better way than By the Way IMO (more rocking guitar, some memorable riffs and solos), but the cheesy harmonies and repetitive, poppy melodies were still there. It simply got stale, and I believe even Frusciante realised this, resulting in his departure from the band and focusing more on his solo career. Which was a great move, since Frusciante and his music work far, far better solo than in the RHCP environment.

I'm aware of Klinghoffer being heavily influenced and connected with Frusciante (they wrote Omission together, probably my favourite from Shadows Collide With People), and I'm not expecting a return to earlier records. In a perfect world, I would like them to go in a bit heavier, darker direction, which is where they were during One Hot Minute. Which almost certainly won't happen, but I'm still curious to see how Klinghoffer will sound with the band.

Well its gonna fill a gap this autum,created by no U2 album. Re stadium arcadium,i love the first disc more than the second,but still great songs on there.

"I'm With You" tracklisting:

1. Monarchy of Roses
2. Factory of Faith
3. Brendan’s Death Song
4. Ethiopia
5. Annie Wants a Baby
6. Look Around
7. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
8. Did I Let You Know
9. Goodbye Hooray
10. Happiness Loves Company
11. Police Station
12. Even You Brutus?
13. Meet Me at the Corner
14. Dance, Dance, Dance

It's about time we have a Chili Pepper thread.

What a fun band...I think they got better with age. started as a party band and are now crafting gems....IMHO, their mellow tracks are wonderful and are creeping up on Pearl Jam and U2 as having some of the best slower jams out there (commercially speaking, anyway)

I think they will be fine without Fruciante. And who knows, he might even come back at some point...he's done it before.

That new song isn't half bad. I hear some cowbells (Nice !)

It could have been on Stadium Arcadium. Although it's a VERY safe song...looking for radio play. I hope the rest of the album is a bit more funky/rockin'

For the record, I'm in the minority in thinking that Stadium Arcadium had about 13-15 great Chili Pepper songs.

Back
Top Bottom