Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PlaTheGreat said:
I see them live tomorrow. :hyper:
I'll try to take some video.

Yessssss...that would be good. :drool:

They played Snow (Hey Oh) on the radio here this morning...as it was snowing. It was a beautiful moment.

Awesome show. No "Wet Sand" or "Soul To Squeeze", but still amazing. Those guys can fucking PLAY!!!! Gnarls Barkley was great, too.

Intro Jam
Can't Stop
Dani California
Scar Tissue
Charlie
Hump de Hump
Havana Affair
21st Century
Throw Away Your Television
Blood Sugar Sex Magic
John Song's (Simon and Garfunkel cover)
Snow
Don't Forget Me
Right On Time
Hey
Californication
By The Way

Encore:

Drum Solo
I Could Have Lied
Give It Away
End Jam lasted about 20 minutes

Last edited:
They came to town on Tuesday night.

I'm really pissed I didn't get to go. At least my dad looks out for himself and gets tickets to Billy Joel...

I know I'm going to be the odd voice here, but I have to say that I really didn't enjoy all that jamming. I'm not particularly into 20 minute long jams with no vocals.
Also, is Anthony usually not crowd-friendly? I don't even remember him joining the others at the end to say goodbye.

That being said, the stage was awesome. It really was a fun stage and the songs were kickass to hear live.

I have a few photos. I took two videos, but they aren't even worth showing they are so crappy. My brother broke my camera for good so these are all from my cell which has a decent camera anyway.
dsc00331rt2.jpg

dsc00338id1.jpg

dsc00346ev5.jpg

dsc00355ry7.jpg

Look at Flea! :rockon:

Very cool PLA! I'm not one to enjoy 20 minute jams either, especially at the end of the show. In L.A. (hometown), Anthony thanked the crowd and headed off while the rest of the boys jammed. Cool pics - our seats were on the side, so we didn't really get to see the graphics for the show at all :grumpy: That was not posted on TM's site when they released tix the week of the show. I should have ebayed it - live and learn :sigh:

:( No wonder the show was not up to par. A DJ on Sirius radio just said that there are unconfirmed reports that Anthony has fallen off the wagon and is a junkie (didn't say what kind). The rest of the tour looks to be in jeopardy.

I had a feeling why he wasn't making any audience contact and why he ran offstage without even saying goodbye that night. Not to mention Flea, John and Chad trying to fill up the last 20 minutes with a long ass solo.
Not to mention a certain "Under The Bridge" song was not played. :wink:

My bet is that the unconfirmed will be confirmed sometime soon.

He was definitely "off" that night that I saw him. He barely talked to the audience! He introduced John's solo song and that was the only time he spoke and not sang. Flea was pretty much keeping us entertained.

And I don't even remember him telling us good night or anything. He ran offstage after Give It Away.
I also noticed that he kept disappearing between each song. There was a jam after every song almost.

I don't know. When I heard that on the radio everything immediately clicked.

But that doesn't prove that he's back on drugs. It just proves that he was off that night. I would take a rumor on the radio with a grain of salt.

PlaTheGreat said:
:( No wonder the show was not up to par. A DJ on Sirius radio just said that there are unconfirmed reports that Anthony has fallen off the wagon and is a junkie (didn't say what kind). The rest of the tour looks to be in jeopardy.

:no: :sad:

Great photos btw! :love:

I wanna see them so bad! :drool:

that seems not so unusual for Anthony. He's never been big on crowd interaction. They also play a 15-20 jam without anthony to close out most of their concerts.

based on pics I saw on Wire Image, the RHCP are performing Sunday night at the Grammys. There's pics up there of them rehearsing... :up: :hyper:

PlaTheGreat said:
I know I'm going to be the odd voice here, but I have to say that I really didn't enjoy all that jamming. I'm not particularly into 20 minute long jams with no vocals.

Blehhh, I hate jamming, :mad: I haven't been to one concert where jamming didn't bore me to tears.

Still, I'd love to see RHCP live again, despite the jamming and the fact that Anthony's singing sounded really flat the last time I've seen them.

Hello there from Spain!!

I saw the Peppers last year in Madrid(Spain) and they came to the city followed by very bad critics after playing in Barcelona where they openned their tour.

In my opinion, Madrid's concert was really good. The band sounded well and Kiedis (is truth) wasn't very chatty but he isn't used to do it. The setlist was correct (wasn't nothing new) but they didn't play many hits... I imagine it's impossible in a 1h and 30min. concert. I can't remember it exactly but I think they didn't play such a long ending jam, it could be more or less 7 or 8 minutes long no more. Kiedis said goodbye in that ocassion so it must depend on the day... no?

I'll see them again in Paris this summer and I'll get another opinion maybe better or maybe worse. What I'm sure is I'm going to jump and sing though Kiedis is drugged or not.

Greets from the side of the Atlantic!!

Their live TV performances are always so bad (a.k.a., last night...) and yet it tends to make me love them more because they're like the underdogs. I can't quite explain it but I find their badness endearing because they're so friggin' talented anyway. I'm always pulling for them even when I know that someone seeing them for the first time on a show like the Grammy's is just never going to be wowed. I'm glad they won. :up:

I thought Chad, Flea and John were fine last night but Anthony may as well have been sititing in a recliner with his feet up.

Thank goodness something of value won! If not for RHCP the show's award tally would have been a total disgrace! Every year they seem to patronize a genre, this year it was country. But the Dixie Chicks? They suck. I bet they only glorified them because it's PC because they hate Bush. Anyway yay RHCP! :rockon:

U2Kitten said:
I bet they only glorified them because it's PC because they hate Bush.

That makes about no sense.:| They made this album, which isn't bad for mainstream country, BECAUSE they got blasted for their views.

With your logic Pearl Jam would have at least been nominated.

Back
Top Bottom