Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonder how far along they are with the new album,and will they scrap it now John's back?

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. I’m hoping they fast track this album as it was due out by now (with Josh, I assume). Apparently the LA fires pushed it back.

I’m also interested to see what the setlists will look like. Will John play stuff from the last 10 years, and will they vary the set?

When Frusciante was in last time, the setlists were as static as the JT30 shows.

When Josh came in, the dig into a lot of older songs we never (or rarely) heard live.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. I’m hoping they fast track this album as it was due out by now (with Josh, I assume). Apparently the LA fires pushed it back.

I’m also interested to see what the setlists will look like. Will John play stuff from the last 10 years, and will they vary the set?

When Frusciante was in last time, the setlists were as static as the JT30 shows.

When Josh came in, the dig into a lot of older songs we never (or rarely) heard live.
To be fair there are not many songs from the last 2 albums that were hits, go robot, dark necessities and nothing really from I'm with you. Well in the UK anyway.

2 Things:

There's already a RHCP thread. :wink:

I enjoyed Josh's time in the band and thought he was just fine..., but I'm glad John has returned. With respect to the late Hillel Slovak, John is part of the classic line-up of the RHCP.

2 Things:

There's already a RHCP thread. :wink:

I enjoyed Josh's time in the band and thought he was just fine..., but I'm glad John has returned. With respect to the late Hillel Slovak, John is part of the classic line-up of the RHCP.
Couldn't find the orginal thread,and it's such great news I thought it deserved it's own thread.[emoji6]

RHCP were fortunate to have Josh when John left to pursue a solo career. He was a team player and held his own with the other members. I'm glad John is back because that is truly the classic line up, but Josh deserves credit for his time with the band. Navarro ultimately didn't gel with the band. Josh did. It would be great if they released an album this year. They're still an exciting band.

He says in the interview there's no animosity, but it sounds like he's pretty cut up about it. Which is fair enough. I think also because he doesn't seem to speak to John anymore.

I am hoping that, with two musicians as talented as John & Flea, that their next album will be good. By the Way is an all-time fav of mine, but Stadium Arcadium sucked.

He says in the interview there's no animosity, but it sounds like he's pretty cut up about it. Which is fair enough. I think also because he doesn't seem to speak to John anymore.

I am hoping that, with two musicians as talented as John & Flea, that their next album will be good. By the Way is an all-time fav of mine, but Stadium Arcadium sucked.

I couldn't disagree more. Wow. Stadium Arcadium is an absolute tour de force on John's part(both in terms of guitar and backing vocals), and Flea is on fire too. One of the records of theirs that I come back to most often. Sad you don't like it.

But then, I love everything they've done with John. And a fair deal of stuff they've done without him.

I couldn't disagree more. Wow. Stadium Arcadium is an absolute tour de force on John's part(both in terms of guitar and backing vocals), and Flea is on fire too. One of the records of theirs that I come back to most often. Sad you don't like it.

But then, I love everything they've done with John. And a fair deal of stuff they've done without him.

Yes, I grew to love Stadium also. Granted, initially I didn't listen to it much, but when I revisited it I played a lot of songs repeatedly. Sure there were some skippers, and it probably should have been one album, but the good outweighed the ok.

I thought Stadium Arcadium was brilliant with its hits, and even with its misses - of which there were plenty.

Classic "double album that could have been a single" album situation, but still - even the songs I'm not particular high on have moments of pure brilliance on them.

I suspect they weren't sure they could fill a stadium either, and that's why we ended up with this level of openers.

But I mean, they get to say it's the first tour with the "main" band in over a decade, so there's that.

These are the goofiest prices I’ve seen for an arena band attempting a stadium in a very long time. At Metlife Stadium, the dynamic pricing “feature” lifted prices over $50/ticket in less than 48 hrs. $300+ to see the Chili Peppers from the lower bowl? In a market where Tool isn’t even selling out arena dates, I’m very interested to see what inventory looks like after the general onsales.

Back
Top Bottom