Red Hot Chili Peppers Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I like this better than I'm With You. They debuted Goodbye Angels at T in the Park and it came off really good live.

Last edited:
I like Goodbye Angels, especially that ending.

I keep meaning to give the whole album a proper listen but been too busy. I've been keeping Dark Necessities and The Getaway on repeat in the car, but the rest I haven't really heard outside of a passive listen when it came out.

I'm guessing this from 'Dreams of a Samurai' is a reference to Scott Weiland:

"The day they found you on a tour bus
The news was barren as a desert bone
The tabloids made a kind of small fuss
A couple pictures shown"

I'm guessing this from 'Dreams of a Samurai' is a reference to Scott Weiland:

"The day they found you on a tour bus
The news was barren as a desert bone
The tabloids made a kind of small fuss
A couple pictures shown"

Unless its a 2 decades later reference to Shannon Hoon.

Oh yeah...maybe.

I guess its not really worth anyone's time to analyze Kiedis lyrics

Oh shit! The new Go Robot video was filmed in my old hood, around the corner. Even used the pizza joint and didn't even change any storefronts or signs.

Thats cool. Brooklyn I'm guessing?

I've found myself going back to this album waaayyy more than I did with I'm With You.

Thats cool. Brooklyn I'm guessing?

I've found myself going back to this album waaayyy more than I did with I'm With You.

Yeah 86th street in Brooklyn. A parody of the opening minutes of Saturday Night Fever.

Go Robot is a catchy tune.

I've had the album playing in the background while I do work for the last few weeks. It's growing on me. There's some really good stuff in there that gets stuck in my head. Listening with good headphones makes a big difference.

Dark Necessities I have to say has made it into my top 10 favorite songs from them.

The Getaway groove is great even if there's no peak to it. Other notables for me are Goodbye Angels and Sick Love.

My favorites on this album are The Getaway, Dark Necessities, The Longest Wave, Go Robot and Encore. Still a bit indifferent on the rest of the songs, but I haven't really listened to the album in full since it came out.

After listening to The Getaway a number of times, here's my ranking of the songs from favorite to least favorite. ( Note: There are no songs that I hate or would skip.)

1- Go Robot
2- Dark Necessities
3- The Getaway
4- Sick Love
5- Encore
6- Feasting on the Flowers
7- The Longest Wave
8- Goodbye Angels
9- Detroit
10- This Ticonderoga
11- The Hunter
12- We Turn Red
13- Dreams of a Samurai

Go Robot has quickly become one of my favorite all time RHCP songs.

I'll be getting my tix. Always a good show.

I don't know if anyone follows their live shows and setlists, but they've been switching it up every night pretty good. On the I'm With You tour they switched it up occasionally as well. Only bad side is you only get 18 or 19 songs max. Previous to that tour, they had less variety than a U2 show.

I managed an excellent lower by the stage for NYC, today I was firing on all cylinders since it was probably the quickest I've been able to move to a ticket in quite awhile! My first time seeing them, believe it or not.

i'm 100% going to see them if/when this lineup goes on tour. one of my concert regrets has been that i never saw these guys live while john was in the band. :up:

They're headlining one of the nights at Boston Calling Festival on Memorial Day weekend (Foo Fighters are only other act announced, rest of lineup in January with rumors swirling RATM might be the 3rd headliner).
Had thought about going to the Peppers night, now its pretty much a lock.
Have seen them 4 times in the past, always with Frusciante, going back to 1990 at the Orpheum Theatre. He really completes the band, no disrespect to the other 2,869 guitarists who've been members at some point.

Back
Top Bottom