Record Store Day 2015 - Discussion on Releases

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked the Smashing Pumpkins song from that soundtrack. It was an interesting inclusion to the soundtrack because they were just a blip on the alternative radar in 1992. But yeah that movie is terribly dated.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I love it, but I saw it when I was a teenager and have seen thousands of movies since and am kind of a film snob. Cameron Crowe was hardly some rare talent, but I'd probably still think it was a great romantic comedy as I can remember a lot of jokes (and the ending) that I liked.

The soundtrack is obviously natch all the way through. Non-album cuts from a lot of the best acts of the era...Westerberg, Pearl Jam, Pumpkins...even the now legendary Alice In Chains number wasn't on an album at the time. And christ, like six of those songs were radio hits.

The movie just recently got released on Blu Ray with a bunch of deleted scenes apparently. Rumors of a vinyl soundtrack release but as yet unconfirmed.

Did anybody who ordered the Polaris record from their store receive it yet or have noticed that it shipped? Mine says it still hasn't shipped and I ordered it two weeks ago...

I don't know, but when I saw them last week they had lots of copies with them, so I don't think you should be worried about not getting it.

They sent out an e-mail today. There's been super high demand, so they're backed up, but they've promised that everyone that already ordered a copy will receive one.

Anyone braving Black Friday RSD this year?

The only record I really want is Big Star - Jesus Christ, but I'm not sure that's enough to get me out of bed on Friday. I may just see if I can score a somewhat reasonably priced one on eBay.

The good news is the promo video hints that Third/Sister Lover is going to get the remaster/box set treatment sometime next year.

Not much that interests me this time although I spent quite a bit during the "regular Record Store Day" back in spring.

Went in about 11:00 and found pretty much everything I was looking for: Big Star, Beck, and The Arcs.

Bono_man, I did grab a copy of American Idiot. Shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.

I asked about Stankonia, Cobbz. They only got a few copies and they were gone in the first few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom