Record Store Day 2011 tomorrow :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whenever these events are held, I wish that I owned a record player.

Come borrow mine! :wink: It's even got USB technology built in, so my out-of-print oldschool punk albums are getting new life in digital form.

how much is the lips boxset?

$124.98

And we have our plan mapped out. Hopefully we find some cool stuff. Seems like everyone's got a lot of awesome events going on. Going to try and hit the Zaireeka listening party at 7:00 at Permanent, that sounds ridiculous.

Yeah, they do it every year. Almost lent my boombox, but didn't feel like it. The cat's name is Zaireeka.

Yeah, they do it every year. Almost lent my boombox, but didn't feel like it. The cat's name is Zaireeka.

You named your boom box?

I'm seeing that it's a yearly thing, so if I can't do it this year, will definitely check it out in the future. Since it's so much later in the evening, I'm not sure I want to make Travis' mom stay out that long (she's in town visiting just for the weekend).

hey ashley, do you know the price of the duran duran 7"? my mom said she'd go to a store to look for me and i'm hoping it's not too much money. i wish i'd been able to take a gander here as there's like five stores in auckland who participated but i figured none of them would have it.

I wouldn't mind getting the Duran Duran 7" for Girl Panic.........except it doesn't seem to be avilable here in the UK

KhanadaRhodes said:
hey ashley, do you know the price of the duran duran 7"? my mom said she'd go to a store to look for me and i'm hoping it's not too much money. i wish i'd been able to take a gander here as there's like five stores in auckland who participated but i figured none of them would have it.

Hey Khan, sorry, I really should've just posted a YSI link to the list last night, not sure what I was thinking :doh:

Anyways, the suggested listing price is...oh jeez...also not listed. Seriously, there weren't many items without an SLP, you guys just happened to pick the ones without :lol:

Most of the singles appear to be around $6.98 though. Hopefully Duran Duran's the same.

Line at Waterloo is apparently already a block long. No thanks. I'd rather go back to sleep than come up empty on a Panda Bear shirt I'll never wear anyway.

Hey Khan, sorry, I really should've just posted a YSI link to the list last night, not sure what I was thinking :doh:

Anyways, the suggested listing price is...oh jeez...also not listed. Seriously, there weren't many items without an SLP, you guys just happened to pick the ones without :lol:

Most of the singles appear to be around $6.98 though. Hopefully Duran Duran's the same.
no worries :D thanks though, i just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be like $50 or something!

Well, we got here late. Traffic was our friend though, but at this point, I'm not sure waiting in a line this long is worth it, but we'll see. Then off to numero.

Look what the cat dragged in.

2dlj0b4.jpg

I hope everyone else got what they were after too.

Look what the cat dragged in.

2dlj0b4.jpg

I hope everyone else got what they were after too.
YOU LUCKY BASTARD. :angry:
:wink:
Actually, I got most of what I wanted...most importantly, I was able to score a copy of The Fall, which sounds pretty awesome on vinyl.

I did get very lucky. They had two at the tiny store right near my place. Showed up 30 minutes early and was fifth in line. I can't believe they had the shirt in a medium too. Ballin' stuff.

I'm a medium, bro. A large makes it look like I'm wearing a tent. Tents, of course, are traditionally only in my pants, so I hate them as a shirt.

Sorry for getting your hopes up, Shouter. Due to "a shipping issue," no stores in Chicago acquired Third. Ashley called a friend in Fort Worth and he hooked us up with a couple of RSD releases, but one store there claimed that it was a UK only release. Ignorant Texans.

Regardless, a wonderful time was had, and Shouter's suggestion to check out Numero was an excellent call: we purchased the bulk of our records there.

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - You're Gonna Get It! ($21)
Jimi Hendrix - Fire/Touch You ($7)
Daft Punk - Tron Soundtrack ($11)
The Cars - The Cars ($2)
John Mellencamp - The Lonesome Jubilee ($2)
Various Artists - Good Morning, Vietnam ($0.25)
Various (Motown) Artists - 25 #1 Hits From 25 Years ($0.25)
Phil Collins - Face Value ($0.25)
Henry Mancini - The Best of Mancini ($0.25)
Electric Light Orchestra - Out of the Blue ($0.50)
Sly And The Family Stone - Greatest Hits ($0.50)
Al Green - Call Me ($0.50)
Cat Stevens - Teaser And The Firecat ($0.50)
Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman ($0.50)
Steely Dan - Katy Lied ($0.50)
The Mamas And The Papas - If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears ($0.50)
Duran Duran - The Reflex 12" ($0.50)
Talking Heads - Little Creatures ($0.50)
Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack ($0.50)
Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home ($7)
ABC - The Lexicon of Love ($3)
U2 - The Joshua Tree ($5)
Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything? ($2)
Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star ($1)
Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow ($3)
Thompson Twins - Here's To Future Days ($1)
The Moody Blues - On The Threshold of a Dream ($1)
Supertramp - Crime of the Century ($1)

29 albums, $73. Dave's Records is completely awesome, and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Chicago. Excellent selection of $1 rock records and good new indietastic shit. Permanent was alright, but too rich for my blood and it was all picked over. We went to the Milwaukee Ave Reckless, and it was totally pointless, and I'm a bit down that I didn't pick up the $12 Tallahassee vinyl there, but whatever. Great haul, great time. Long live rock and all that (and Henry Mancini. I'm the biggest fan of his in all of Chicago according to the guys at Numero, who called me out on picking out that one).

Goddamn having to work today. :angry: Not that I have any money to spend on records, but still.

Not every day, but I am going there for lunch, tomorrow. Only had to wait three hours for a table, two weeks ago!

Sorry for getting your hopes up, Shouter. Due to "a shipping issue," no stores in Chicago acquired Third.

It's all good. I'm sure that I couldn't have afforded it. I found a Mainliner LP that usually goes for $50-80 for only $20, at the Numero shop, and that just about finished me off, after some of the other stuff I was looking for. Still, it was a good time, even if my haul was nowhere near as bounteous as your own. Where'd you find those Cat Stevens records for $.50, and were they actually in listenable condition? It's not like those go for more than a few bucks, but I'm surprised that they were THAT cheap. Good stuff, and great records.

I got most of my "exclusive" stuff at Permanent, last night (midnight opening = why it was picked over; and as you probably noticed, their stock is in noise, psych, experimental, etc.), and then went to Numero for the opening. I got Pressed at Boddie, the 45, and a reel of tape from the widow of a Vietnam vet. Good stuff. If I had more money, I would've spent my brains out, over there. Selection wasn't quite as good as I had hoped, but it was definitely great. SO much better than 90% of the used bins of the world. Furious that even though I was the second person in line, they sold out of the Willie Wright comp (damaged sleeve, and therefore like 75% off) before I could get it. Insane.

The Cat Stevens was in over in the 2 for $1s by the east wall. I'm still pumped to have found Call Me in there.

The power-pop selection in there was very good, but a bit pricey. Eric Carmen, The Beat, Marshall Crenshaw, and Hoodoo Gurus in full effect.

I'm a medium, bro. A large makes it look like I'm wearing a tent. Tents, of course, are traditionally only in my pants, so I hate them as a shirt.
Obviously you'd be pitching a tent there, but the shirt thing surprises me, as mediums fit me snugly and I have the build of Thom Yorke. Aren't you tall or some shit?

Back
Top Bottom