Record Store Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to buy it if it was under $40, so I guess it's nice to know I would have got it if I could have?

Listening to Elephant for the first time right now, and what a treat it is. Truly one of the formative albums of me falling in love with music. The years of holding out on buying it have paid off, cause I'm digging the red/black split.

No Husker Du or Drive OST anywhere to be found, so I got the new Bowie 7" as a compromise.

As RSD now counts as my birthday gift, I splurged on a crate digging marathon throughout the day. Prizes include:

The Cure - Japanese Whispers
Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Scream
Janis Joplin - Pearl
The Replacements - Pleased to Meet Me
The Libertines - Up the Bracket
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
CHVRCHES - Recover EP

Niiiice! I need to actually go to Chicago some day with no other goal in mind but to hit a few record stores. Every time I go to Reckless, I'm there for some other reason and am always rushed as a result.

Apparently this is a thing...

BXwQI02CQAERsox.jpg

10" vinyl, 11/29.

Nice. I want a number of these, but have no way to listen to them. Hopefully some are released digitally in the future.

My haul, wanted a few others and thought about going to a store that was opening after, but I have a symphony performance to go to soon and I already spent like $150:

-U2
-Bob Dylan
-Nirvana "In Utero" 2013 Mix
-Duran Duran
-Rolling Stones
-Jimi Hendrix

I wasn't surprised not to find it, but the store said they only received a single copy of the Nick Cave, although I just remembered now that I'm home that there was also a limited CD made of it to, didn't ask about that though. Oh well.

The only thing I really want is In Utero. Hopefully it will still be around when I manage to get to the store.

Back
Top Bottom