Record Store Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a nice list going. Let's see if Entreat (The Cure) actually comes out this year or not. I was promised it last year, and it wasn't on the list and (Surprise, surprise) it didn't come out. This year it's still not on the list, and I'm still getting promised it's coming out.

I bought the European version of Entreat a couple years ago. They weren't shipping them to the US and I had to have a friend in England receive it and reship it to me.

Pain in the ass, but the colored vinyl was worth the trouble.

601f3319-20c0-45d7-bdce-777ca8fea446.jpg

Got a nice list going. Let's see if Entreat (The Cure) actually comes out this year or not. I was promised it last year, and it wasn't on the list and (Surprise, surprise) it didn't come out. This year it's still not on the list, and I'm still getting promised it's coming out.

You might already know this, but Entreat Plus is included on the Disintegration reissue. I'm not sure if you are intent on a vinyl copy, though; if so, just disregard this post.

The 180 gram Seventeen Seconds and Faith vinyls we aren't getting frustrate me more. Fuck that.

This is a post-hardcore kind of RSD. McLusky Do Dallas and The Shape of Punk to Come :up::up:

Gah. I love Record Store Day in theory, but I mostly find it really frustrating. Last year I went to my local store (Zia Records here in Phoenix) around noon, and there wasn't much left. The staff said that they had eBayers waiting at the door at opening time, and those losers bought everything just to sell it. The staff agreed that it's crappy, but they said there's nothing they can do about it. :down:

So yeah, there are a few releases I'd like to pick up next month, but I'm not sure I'll be up for getting to the store first thing to fight with greedy eBay d-bags.

What are you hoping to buy Saturday, gang?

The place I'll be going promises records by "Arcade Fire- Animal Collective- Domino Records- David Lynch- Beach House- Morrissey- Shabazz Palaces- Tortoise- Lee Hazlewood- Lee’Scratch’Perry- Battles- St Vincent- Justin Townes Earle- Stax Records- Tomahawk- Hot Chip- Arctic Monkeys + many more", plus 20% off on everything, so I'm actually a bit excited. No Destroyer or Flips though.

The St. V 7" is a must buy if the track's Coachella performance is any indication. And my offer to snag a copy of Rubies for you still stands.

Imperor said:
The St. V 7" is a must buy if the track's Coachella performance is any indication. And my offer to snag a copy of Rubies for you still stands.

Oh yeah, I'll definitely be getting that if I can. And cheers! What are you looking for in particular?

The "Sprawl II" 12" since I love that remix, the St. Vincent 7", Hvarf/Heim 2xLP, Gorillaz/Murphy/Andre 10", possibly the "Losing My Edge" b/w "Beat Connection" 12" (sorry if that one isn't making it to your continent), and the Lips 2xLP if the $37.99 price tag turns out to be incorrect. Possibly Feistodon and Gambino too.

I don't recall seeing Hot Chip on the U.S. release list. There was an I feel Bonnie single released in the UK for RSD 2010 that later showed up in a Parlophone box set in the US, I think for Black Friday the same year.

Blur, Hot Chip, Tinie Tempah, Eliza Doolittle, IIRC.

Refused
McLusky
Uncle Tupelo reissues
Arcade Fire
Flaming Lips
Gorillaz
Destroyer

Gene Clark and Small Faces also have a couple of singles I'm interested in.

I really love the fact that Rockabye Baby - The Smiths, is getting a vinyl release, :lol:.

My big things I want are those three movie soundtracks that are getting released. I don't really want The Breakfast Club one, but I'd kind of feel like I didn't have the whole set if I didn't get it. Will be a gametime decision.

The Flips release and that elusive Entreat release are the only things I'm REALLY excited for, but in general, I love just going out there for the other deals. I don't have Shouter around to tell me if that pop-up store is going to happen again, so I'll have to do some research for myself.

Lips shouldn't be tough. There are 10k of them. But there are only 500 of the Gorillaz single, so make that priority number one.

Again, if anyone can snag a second copy of Heady Fwends or DoYaThing (are you even allowed to do that? Not in some places I hear) you will be taken care of :wink:

I'm interested to find out how many hipsters are in Melbourne. I'm expecting the store I'm going to tomorrow to being packed.

Even though I rarely listen to them anymore, I should've tried to get Wide Agape in Europe. It would've been a nice piece to have.

I'm listening to some records now, and after thumbing through my collection, I feel obligated to get Heady Fwends even if it is $40. Spending 2011 hunting down all four collab EPs dictates it.

Back
Top Bottom