Record Store Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
White, middle aged, mask under nose, as you would expect. Not very common to see a MAGA type in Williamsburg, and at Rough Trade of all places, but there you go. I scanned the list of releases to see if I could find a band name that sounded like if one of those barely hidden white power punk acts but couldn’t see anything. It’s generally a pretty friendly place with parents and kids (I had my son on the stroller as it happened) but the dude was pretty aggressive.

They can, but I think Gump and I had a drink in the area he's talking about and I think I went to Rough Trade, and I would imagine there wouldn't be many of his type in the area.

Totally agree with that. Soooo many bands lean left or are blatantly left-wing, that it'd be hard to be a passionate conservative and still enjoy it.

Maybe looking to flip the special releases? "Free market" and all that stuff.

They can, but I think Gump and I had a drink in the area he's talking about and I think I went to Rough Trade, and I would imagine there wouldn't be many of his type in the area.

Yeah, it was more startling because this is a pretty liberal area, but this being Black Friday and the special RSD stuff, I assume there were people coming from other parts of the tri-state area. Rough Trade has the largest inventory of any store here. Not that there aren't the usual slate of assholes around here, but normally not the political/covid-is-a-media-creation types.

I remember that the guy was looking for some soundtrack (they were passing lists for you to fill with your order and he had a small argument with one of the folks in the store about this one record that he wanted and the need to be in line for it). Don't remember which one that is.

Last edited:
Totally agree with that. Soooo many bands lean left or are blatantly left-wing, that it'd be hard to be a passionate conservative and still enjoy it.

My partner's dad is a hardcore libertarian, pro-corporate type. His favorite artists are Cat Stevens, Springsteen, and Neil Young. I never understood the clash of ideologies there. Or maybe he's just oblivious to the lyrical content. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom