Recommend me something based on these bands...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
I like:
U2, Arcade Fire, the Beatles, Radiohead, Muse, Sigur Ros, Wolf Parade, The Cure...

I am looking for some good albums released in 2008 to broaden my mind. My album of the year so far is MGMT but I want to challenge this...

Hit me...

Forth.jpg

Good luck finding these records, as they're by Dutch or Belgian artists. But they are great albums, released this year.

Voicst - A Tale Of Two Devils
61HULNd6MUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

My favourite album of the year. High energy rock in twelve perfect songs. :drool:

Gem - New
51Dja8CdLJL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

A bit more Beatles/Oasis like. The ten songs on this album will invade your head after the first listen. At times catchy as hell. :up:

dEUS - Vantage Point
41inK7LrJZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Would probably sit close to Arcade Fire/Sigur Rós. Over the years their sound has become less influenced by Velvet Underground & Tom Waits. But it still has a slightly out there edge to it. And melody too. :)

ok im downloading kings of leon, bloc party, elbow and voicst so far. i looked for dues but couldnt find it!

i also just found the ting tings which seems pretty cool.

I have to say, and maybe this is a bit off your discovery track.. that Porcupine Tree are a band that I thought were a bunch of snotty pricks but in fact, are quite talented. Check them out.

without doubt the best album to be released this year is Kings Of Leon - Only By The Night. I think it hits shops/itunes in about a weeks time.

There is no album which even comes close to this being released this year and it has strong U2 influences check out the following tracks:-

Sex On Fire
Crawl
Use Somebody
Manhattan
Be Somebody
Cold Desert

Its pure class!

yeah i just listened to manhattan and loved it. i will give the rest a bit more of a go this week.

hey thanks all! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom