Real Estate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like both of their albums quite a bit. The new song doesn't seem to go into new territory, but that's not a bad thing. I like their sound as it is.

:bump:

The new album is brilliant. I actually think Talking Backwards might be one of the weaker tracks there, as much as I like it. Past Lives, Primitive and Horizon are instant favorites.
8.8 from Pitchfork too (not that it matters so much, but...)

Man, I've never been a huge fan of these guys, but I really don't dig very hard on this new one at all. I found it to be a retread on dream pop in general and the only time it really strives to be anything more was a very strange loungey/flamenco number.

I did really enjoy Horizons and Talking Backwards, though.

New one sounds just like the last one to me: breezy, pleasant, and a bit lazy (in both bad and good ways) jangle pop.

This album is pretty enjoyable though I must admit that I didn't really give their first 2 a chance.

Sent from my Note 3 using my S-pen.

This album is pretty enjoyable though I must admit that I didn't really give their first 2 a chance.

Sent from my Note 3 using my S-pen.

Didn't like the first two either, but I really dig this one. The songs seem to have a bit more depth to them lyrically although I can see why people are whining about it all being rather samey.

I have the LP coming in the mail and got it for 9 bucks total with Amazon card points. The alternative was to get the deluxe edition only available through their website. Colored vinyl and a 7" but it was automatically $32 with shipping. I think I made the smarter choice.

I'm surprised by some of the hatred I've seen towards the album on places like RYM. I can understand being bored, but this hardly seems like the kind of music to inspire unbridled vitriol.

I only think it's bad because I've heard better from them. If it were a debut, I'd shrug it off without a word and forget about the band that made it.

Back
Top Bottom