Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the number of titles with Cobbler's name in it has overtaken the number of threads he's actually created.

I love that these new threads now have the feel of an important event.

Going back to the last thread, I enjoyed the first new xx single quite a bit. As LM said, though, that first album really works as a cohesive piece first and foremost. I can't think of any single standout track from it, but I listen to the whole album quite frequently.

that first album really works as a cohesive piece first and foremost. I can't think of any single standout track from it, but I listen to the whole album quite frequently.

True.

Despite not being super thrilled with the singles, they sounded great on Conan a few weeks ago.

Martha, how were Black Lips themselves?

The dog somehow got a hold of my deluxe edition copy of Belle and Sebastian's This Life's Pursuit last night. Booklet is now not connected to the packaging, and there's a tooth hole in the binding. I yelled at him to get him to stop, then chased him down the hall to get it back. I terrified the dog in so doing, felt bad.

EDIT: As I was typing that, I turned around to see him pulling a Wolf Parade album off of my CD rack. How can I bring justice to a dog?

Friggin' great. They are rodeo clowns; they seem like they're just thrashing it out, but there are real musicians under the goofy outfits and sloppy playing. They made the other, mediocre bands sound even worse when they finally came onstage. I stayed well back, though. I don't need a concussion or a chipped tooth from the stage divers.

Laz said:
Please make sure to take a picture with James Murphy, so you can post it on here and make Cobbler jealous forever.

That's almost half the point of going.

martha said:
ImpyAnna Jones may have to scoot over. I might need a seat on the Zola Jesus bandwagon.

Well that's great news. I actually gave LA Vampires Meets Zola Jesus a spin after work today. Did you start with Conatus?

I just found the self titled Vivian Girls album for $5.99 used and am one happy guy as a result.

It's a good one, but I like the EPs even more, especially Valusia. Put those on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom