Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Jack five times, once with Meg and twice each Raconteurs and Dead Weather. Our generation has so few Rock Stars™ that it's always a nice treat.

Jack White is one artist who continues to elude me. Aside from Seven Nation Army, Hardest Button and a handful of tunes that have been on people's DI lists I've not heard much. What I have obviously hasn't captivated me.

A bisexual woman on ecstasy kissed me when I told her she was sitting in my seat at a Dead Weather show.

Ha! How did I ever miss that story. When I saw them in Brooklyn there did seem to be an ecstasy vibe in the crowd. Wiccans on ecstasy or something. It was not your average rock & roll crowd.

I like Jack White, have a couple of White Stripes albums, respect him immensely, and love his guitar playing. I've just never managed to fall in love with his music and become very passionate about it. I'm sure if I saw him live, that would change immediately.

I like Jack White, have a couple of White Stripes albums, respect him immensely, and love his guitar playing. I've just never managed to fall in love with his music and become very passionate about it. I'm sure if I saw him live, that would change immediately.

I feel sort of similar. I do like him a lot. Love to rock out in the car listening to anything he's done. But I don't feel passionate about it.

Although I loved The White Stripes. I just haven't forgiven them for canceling their last tour the day before they were to play here. I had 8th row seats. The tickets and earplugs were on the table by the front door. Then they broke up.

I'm in the same boat. I've listened to a ton of his stuff and while I hold him in high regard, I can't say that I actually love the listening experience. I know it's on me cos he's so talented, but, it is what it is....and I did see him live, albeit with a project I like least of all his stuff, and it didn't blow me away. I wish I liked him more.

I strongly dislike Jack White. Haven't liked a single thing he's ever released.

And to make a comment on something from 13 pages ago, I've been listening to Zooropa a lot lately and have fallen in love with it all over again. The stretch from Numb to Dirty Day is so solid and consistently good. It's leapfrogged into my 2nd favorite U2 album spot. 1 is The Unforgettable Fire. Full stop.

"I'm singin' this borrowed tune
I took from the Rolling Stones
Alone in this empty room
Too wasted to write my own."

Ahhh, yes. Uncle Neil!

They're all so fucking drunk on that album. It's beautiful.

I've been a searcher, I've been a fool,
But I've been a long time comin' to you.
I'm hopin' for your love to carry me through
You're holdin' my baby, and I'm holdin' you

I think it would be awesome to get a band together, get wasted and record an album like this one. I might do that.

Holy shit, shut the hell up, JT, nobody cares about your stupid opinion on artist's royalties and such. Fuck. Seriously.

He lost me at "Canada."

If you're not captivated by this, Cobbler, you need to step off the ice.

Makes you want to lounge about on a sailboat.

I'll be doing that tomorrow night. It's supposed to be mid-90s tomorrow, so that will be quite blissful. Much better than my sweltering apartment.

I like a lot of Jack White's assorted musical stuff, and love a handful of songs. I'm not particularly passionate about him, but was interested in seeing him. I was hoping I'd come away feeling a little more strongly about him, but that didn't happen (which wasn't actually his fault).

I do love Jack White, unabashedly even. But I love Meg more.

I saw a bloke tonight wearing a shirt that said "back-to-back world war champions." I thought Jive would appreciate that.

I saw a bloke tonight wearing a shirt that said "back-to-back world war champions." I thought Jive would appreciate that.

Amurrica!!!! :rockon:

(for the record, I'm happy the allies won and am proud of what was accomplished. I just think the good guys vs bad guys idea is extremely juvenile)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom