Random Music Thread LXIII: Cobbler is disqualified for poor effort.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm singin' this borrowed tune
I took from the Rolling Stones
Alone in this empty room
Too wasted to write my own."

Ahhh, yes. Uncle Neil!

Unless Grooveshark goes down, I'll likely never be much of a Spotify user.

I took this for a few days several months ago. After each time I felt some nausea, and vomited a couple of times, so I stopped.

That's what happened to me when I was taking their metabolism vitamins. Definitely going to lose weight if you throw up after every meal :up:
Haha, it's the damned. You expect something more?

I expected nothing as I'd never heard of them :wink:

My P4K list was pretty easy to make since I had just made a top 100 albums evar list just a month or so ago. Still had to pull a few albums out of nowhere to finish it up though:

https://peopleslist.pitchfork.com/list/1fb07a38/

Imperor said:
Was anyone else fortunate enough to see the White Stripes? They were the second show I ever saw (way back in 2003) and remain top ten all time.

Yup, Reading Fest 2004. Awesome show.

I don't have a Spotify account.

Should I?

I just don't know.

I say yes. :up:

I still buy CDs of music I love, but I like Spotify because...

--I can listen to albums I used to own on cassette that I just wouldn't buy again

--I can listen to a lot of hip hop songs from albums I would never buy

--I can preview new artists/albums before I buy

--My friends and I make cool playlists for each other

--Some of my favorite DJs put together playlists from their radio shows on Spotify

I say yes. :up:

I still buy CDs of music I love, but I like Spotify because...

--I can listen to albums I used to own on cassette that I just wouldn't buy again

--I can listen to a lot of hip hop songs from albums I would never buy

--I can preview new artists/albums before I buy

--My friends and I make cool playlists for each other

--Some of my favorite DJs put together playlists from their radio shows on Spotify

These are all great reasons.

I'm more of a buyer than renter, for better or worse, but, it might not suck to have access to music I normally wouldn't buy but might be in the mood for now and then.

Receiving a playlist or two from friends wouldn't suck.

Thanks for the feedback.

Spoken word tribute to Ziggy Stardust happening here in town on the 25th... Sounds like a bunch of Cobblers Cobblering the way only I can, about one of my favourite ever albums. Might be a good change from my usual Saturday night fare.

Even I use it for some things, NSW. Unfortunately is sounds like artists get next to no royalties at the moment from it though. Hopefully that will be fixed at some point. I'd do the paid subscription if I knew it was going to the artists I listen to, not to the douche who created Spotify.

I saw the White Stripes twice in summer '05. I went on my own the first night and had to have more. I talked my niece into going with me the second night, so Lila, right here on Interference, said "Check Craigslist." Some girl was selling two tickets for half price because she needed to get rid of them. Oh hell yes. So we went the second night and it was even better.

Even I use it for some things, NSW. Unfortunately is sounds like artists get next to no royalties at the moment from it though. Hopefully that will be fixed at some point. I'd do the paid subscription if I knew it was going to the artists I listen to, not to the douche who created Spotify.

Was just about to mention this. I have a friend who works for a music distributor in Canada and they're creating something similar to spotify and are working on getting the rights to the music right now. When I mentioned to him that I thought the artists get screwed by these systems, he replied that it wasn't his problem and it was between the bands and their labels. It's a bit like a snake eating it's own tail. Shitting on the content providers is no way to run a service

I was going to go to one of the shows they cancelled when Meg had her freakout, so no, I never got to see them. :sad:

Seeing the Dead Weather felt like a big deal at the time because of that.

Thanks for the added feedback, I really appreciate it. I don't see myself using it a lot, but, it will certainly come in handy now and then. Appreciate the added points about artists royalties and such.....

Was just about to mention this. I have a friend who works for a music distributor in Canada and they're creating something similar to spotify and are working on getting the rights to the music right now. When I mentioned to him that I thought the artists get screwed by these systems, he replied that it wasn't his problem and it was between the bands and their labels. It's a bit like a snake eating it's own tail. Shitting on the content providers is no way to run a service

Holy shit, shut the hell up, JT, nobody cares about your stupid opinion on artist's royalties and such. Fuck. Seriously.

Nice price, Martha. Profiteering wasn't so rampant back then.

She was meeting up with us at a place far from me, and kept calling me to make sure I still wanted the tickets because she kept getting phone calls about them. I think she had no idea how many people wanted to see them.

I think Jack White crowds are the rowdiest I've been in, even rowdier than Black Lips. Every band he's been in, the crowds have been noisy and rough. The solo show may have been the quietest crowd, and perhaps not coincidentally, the quietest as far as amplification.

I think Jack White crowds are the rowdiest I've been in, even rowdier than Black Lips. Every band he's been in, the crowds have been noisy and rough. The solo show may have been the quietest crowd, and perhaps not coincidentally, the quietest as far as amplification.

A bisexual woman on ecstasy kissed me when I told her she was sitting in my seat at a Dead Weather show.

I do. Hopefully everyone will be ok. I haven't listened to their new album nearly enough.

A bisexual woman on ecstasy kissed me when I told her she was sitting in my seat at a Dead Weather show.
And if I know anything about the way things work, it's that you get high on ecstasy because of the kiss. How was trippin' balls at a Dead Weather show?

But did she give you your rightful seat, mofo????

I think she was trying to trick you into wandering away in a daze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom